Revell 1/32 Duo Discus

Cap'n Wannabe

Looks great!

I just tonight did the IP "glass" on my F7F.

Having never used it before, and like you, normally using Future, I for the first time tonight used "Bondic" UV curing gel.

It worked better than I could have hoped for. It's thick enough to stay put, and thin enough to flow into the instrument circles.

The included UV light cures the gel in place in about 4 seconds. There seems to be enough gel in the starter pack I got for under $15, that I might be able to do all the LSPs in my stash.

Is that even possible??

Anyhow, having selected the right blue (from the *two* Vallejo blues I have..) I repainted the headrests, and began gluing stuff into the RH fuselage side.  Most went in ok, some I had trouble with, and I managed to bend the shafts on the yellow handles under the IPs.  The rear IP gave me a bit of trouble, so I'll glue that in after I close up the fuselage.  Such is life, I guess..

The sausage of blue-tac under the rear headrest is there to support it while the glue dries...there was only one point of contact for it!

Ayh4wnal.jpg

NXFUIzLl.jpg

Looks grand!  Its a good feeling to get to a step like fuselage closure after misc issues. 

The wingspan on this thing is huge, even without the winglets attached!  Where am I going to put it when it's done?

Hang it from the ceiling?