56 squadron Typhoon 1B (Revell)

mozart

Nice one Max, one of my favourite kits.

Cheers

Dennis

I've seen the results of your Tiffy over on Shawn's thread Dennis, I echo his statement hoping that mine turns out as well. My aim is to put together a workmanlike build but concentrate mainly on the painting and finish to lift it above the 1970s kit! :)

Max

Thanks for doing that Torben, that's vety clever and revealing....excellent! I think it's a standard tail too, just a trick of the camera and juxtaposition of planes......and I've just had a thought that I'll be back with shortly.

Taken on the same sortie, seconds before the other I guess:

wlJMR2.jpg

Edited by mozart

Seems like Photobucket's been down for "maintenance" for some hours now, so no pics I'm afraid but I've been working on the cockpit, tailplane and engine areas. The latest work has been drilling out the exhausts. I'm not exposing the engine so it's been roughly put together just as a support for the prop and exhausts.

OIvXX9.jpg

Max

Uploaded with Imageshack! :)

Edited by mozart

So I've ditched Photobucket, lost the links to many pictures but it's a dead duck in the water as far as I'm concerned and now with Image Shack.  

On the modelling front, though it's a very old kit I'm very impressed with the precision of the engine assembly into the nose, fits like a glove on dry fitting.  Not so sure about the "engineering" of the wing centre section with the fuselage though.....there could be trouble ahead (but while there's moonlight....)

Max