Typhoon conversion question

Erwin

I'm planning to build the Revell 32nd Typhoon,but I want to change the car-door into a bubble Typhoon.

Is it a difficult job,and is there a canopy for sale to make that version ?

If there is one for sale ,can anyone help me in buying one for me,those thing are verry hard to find in

Belgium.

I would olso want a landinggear set,because the one in the kit look poor.

Thanks for looking,

Erwin

Hello!

Unfortunately, except Eagle Strike decals and MDC sets (for the car-door version), no other aftermarket set is currently available for the Typhoon. At least two conversions existed in the past for the bubble-top version but they're OOP for years.

Possibly MDC or Warbirds will consider a new conversion?!

Goie dag! B)

Hi Erwin

there was a revell box of the Typhoon bubble top: look at that faint seam line, like a ridge just around the cockpit on your kit: that is the seam where the plug for the car door type was inserted.

The car door type is the newer version of the kit, but the elder is a bubble top.

I could try to locate an elder box at the conventions, but if anyone has one it is better and easier to find one on this site.

I have a fellow modeller that could vacuform a canopy, if we locate one of the bubbletop we can make a resin copy and then use it as a master for vacuum forming: anyone has one? will be returned intact...plus a clearer one

looking to hear from you soon

thanks again for the kits: they arrived today

Hello,

I noticed the same ridge on my kit and concluded the same thing. However, I'm puzzled as I've never seen a bubble top version anywhere (not on E-bay, neither on any other website and never in a mag, even the seventies ones that refer in many advertisements to the car-door version!)?!

I'm wondering if Revell did not build the mold in a way that would allow easy production of both versions BUT finally never produced the bubble top?

There're very often old and even rare releases of Revell kits on E-Bay and i've never seen such a beast...

Just hope to be wrong...!

Hello Thierry,

Like you,I olso have never seen a bubble Typhoon ! I don't know where the other LSP member got the info from,but I think he is wrong on this one.

If someone else can provide hard proof that there ever was one,please let us know.

greetings all,

Erwin

Erwin,

MDC are bringing out a 1/32 scale Typhoon Bubble top it will be released at the IPMS shoe in Telford.

We thought of a convertion but it was more straight forward to bring out a full kit.

Bob MDC

Hello Erwin,

You might want to look out for the OOP Paragon set to make a 1/32 Typhoon MK 1b conversion, which includes a replacement canopy, instrument panel, aft cockpit parts, seat, wheels, props and spinner, rocket assembly and exhaust shrouds.

Like i said it's out of production, but it can still be found in some hobbyshops.(set no.: 32032)

succes,

Jack.