Welcome to the Carrier Based Aircraft GB!

DaveJ

Greetings!!

It's my pleasure to welcome everyone to our latest Group Build! I love Randy's description: "Aircraft that were designed to fling themselves off of a perfectly good ship" ;)

As I stated on thread in LSP Discussion, my intent is not to confirm that each particular airframe entered actually operated from a carrier. The aircraft type needed to be designed for or at least tested from a carrier. We want to keep the GBs open to as many members as possible, not to pick nits about the issues of a particular airframe.

• Entries should be designed for or at least tested from a ship
  • Models should be roughly 25% completed or less at the start of the GB.
  • All media types are welcomed! Injection, resin, vac, paper or mixed. Provided they are in the LSP scales.
  • Any and all aftermarket or scratch-built modifications are acceptable.

This is not a contest!!

We hope to have many great entries and a lot of fun for the next six months!!

Dave and the LSP Staff

Dave,

Is my Zero build still eligible to join this GB?

If so, can it be moved over please. I'd really like to join.

greetings,

Ian

It's probably a little bit over the 15% line, but close enough for me!

I'll move it into the GB forum.

Hi Dave, I've been working on a 1/32 21century Corsair ,I've completed the cockpit and just finished detailing the engine I've also filled some holes up on the fuselage just wanted to see if it was eligible have pics of the progress so far

:lol: Ed

Hi Dave, I've been working on a 1/32 21century Corsair ,I've completed the cockpit and just finished detailing the engine I've also filled some holes up on the fuselage just wanted to see if it was eligible have pics of the progress so far

;) Ed

Sounds good to me. Jump on in!

Wickeed. Some home stuff to finish ( arghhh) then I gotta build something...already ferreted the stash for suitables.

Anyone see the series on the Carrier (PBS?)which was produced by Mel Gibson? I thought the episode where they were landing F18's on a pitching deck was awesome. On the edge of my seat.

hey would the test sled fit in here sence they use them to test the catupult :D :lol: :P

sorry dave just had to do it :P

I believe there's a tradition involving the occasional launching of boots via the catapult also. However we do need to limit the GB to aircraft.... :D

Wickeed. Some home stuff to finish ( arghhh) then I gotta build something...already ferreted the stash for suitables.

Anyone see the series on the Carrier (PBS?)which was produced by Mel Gibson? I thought the episode where they were landing F18's on a pitching deck was awesome. On the edge of my seat.

It was PBS. The series is called Carrier and is really well done! I was able to buy it on the iTunes store. A unique view inside life aboard one of these floating cities.

It was PBS. The series is called Carrier and is really well done! I was able to buy it on the iTunes store. A unique view inside life aboard one of these floating cities.

I have been watching Victory at Sea for inspiration.

Rocky