Revell F-4G

kurth

I know you think I abandoned this build and the thread.  I have not.  I am pushing to finish another build, which has taken priority.

Any way, I was already for primer, and found a spot which needed to attention .. soout came the putty

IMGP7816-vi.jpg

and through the magic of sanding it looks much better

IMGP7818-vi.jpg

I was just about to start getting ready to primer this model, and while trying to find a suitable side pipe to stuff in the tail pipe, i managed to pop the seam on the rear fuselage

IMGP7817-vi.jpg

oh well, I cemented it back together, but now it needs to dry. I will pick it up again soon

• 9 months later...

Oh no I have neglected this thread, and the build since October! time flies.

Any way I have decided to get this one done. At some point since my last update I primered this model. I was about to start shooting color today, but I saw a few boogers revealed by the primer.  So I sanded them out

IMGP8260-vi.jpg

and the other side 

IMGP8261-vi.jpg

I am all out of my current favorite primer, Mr. Surfacer 1500. I even tried to glean the dregs out of the jar, but it was only a few drops. More is on the way from sprue brothers

• 9 months later...

Oh no... almost a year since my last update. This model got put on the back burner with several group build projects I did on ARC. 

In the mean time, I decided to try the black basing technique, and primered this model again with Mr Finishing surfacer black

I have applied a marble coat of the gray

DSC_0095-vi.jpg

DSC_0096-vi.jpg

Sorry, it is hard to photograph, the contrast between the gray and black was hard to capture in a picture, but is a little more apparent in person.

Next task is a very thin top coat of gray over the marbling.

Thanks for looking. Sorry to have been away for so long.

I have applied the gray blend coat, and started with the light green marble coat

DSC_0114-vi.jpg

and the top / side

DSC_0122-vi.jpg

Learning alot at this stage. I have a fairly new airbrush, Grex Genesis XGi with a .2 needle. So it takes a bit of getting used to be able to airbrush really fine lines.

I am also amazed how much you can thin mr color paint.

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

I got the masking done

DSC_0166-vi.jpg

I realized I should prep the burner cans for paint ... since this model sat for almost a year, I forgot what else I had done with the model. It ends up the cans were un touched, and still on the sprue.

I started to clean up the parts and noticed this pretty gnarly seam on the inside of the burner can

DSC_0168-vi.jpg

I will need to figure out how to clean this up.   Any assistance is appreciated!

ttyl

OK

so first i cut a Tamiya exhaust can down to the inside pedals. Then glued it to the inside of the Revell exhaust

8X0TKO.jpg

Then I applied the Eduard photo etch details as such

6iosF2.jpg

TRVHeV.jpg

Finally paint!

Mhu3Xz.jpg

fXtrt9.jpg

Hope this helps.

Sincerely Anthony

Edited by NavyF4s