Photo

How about F4U-5N, F4U-7, AU-1, post Me 110G?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alburymodeler

Alburymodeler

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

As someone mentioned recently on the Me 110G thread, it is very unlikely that Tamiya will ever pop out a series of late metal winged Corsairs. I have the old French resin conversion for the Trumpeter kit, but it is pretty much rubbish, with a 5mm difference between cowl and forward fuselage for example. From basic parts and a few differences all three late versions can be modelled, and there are plenty of users, US Navy and Marines, France, Argentina, Honduras etc. With a bit more work an F4U-4 version can be turned out.

I reckon it would outsell the Me 110 G, I'll be in for a few myself.

Greg

• harvey likes this

#2 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

The devil is in the details.

1. What's involved?
  2. what will it cost?
  3. who is doing it?
  4. and can we count on the project moving forward to the end?

"Many a slip between the cup and the lip."

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#3 Alburymodeler

Alburymodeler

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

1.It needs new nose forward of the angled firewall, different cowling for all three types, new canopy and windscreen, new four blade prop, new internals, changes under fuselage wing, armament modifications. Changes to the outer wings could be done by the modeller (removing ribs and scribing panel lines). A few other bits of course.

2. Do we worry about cost?

3. I was hoping GT resin might be interested.

4. We sure do hope so.

#4 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

1.It needs new nose forward of the angled firewall, different cowling for all three types, new canopy and windscreen, new four blade prop, new internals, changes under fuselage wing, armament modifications. Changes to the outer wings could be done by the modeller (removing ribs and scribing panel lines). A few other bits of course.

2. Do we worry about cost?

3. I was hoping GT resin might be interested.

4. We sure do hope so.

Thanks for the interest and in thinking of us.   IF you are wiling to fund the work I am happy to take look at the project.   I am doing doing a commission program for a customer creating an F-15SG conversion set and it is going very well.   Give it some thought and PM me if interested.

Thx, Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#5 Bill M.

Bill M.

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

While you're at it, an F4U-4 would be welcome too. My guess is that there would be fewer changes involved and it should be an excellent seller. Just saying...
Bill M.

#6 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Send me the details of what specifically is needed an I will take a look.

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users