20 replies to this topic

#1 rdobrze

rdobrze

Hooked For Life

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:43 PM

It is September any word on release date ?
Ronald
  • bstachel likes this

#2 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

According to Richard's last email, there was a bit of delay in the last resin and PE corrections, so it impacted the completion of the instruction manual.

The kits are almost virtually ready but at the moment are waiting for the instructions manuals.

If i remember correctly the kits would be done in late september and the instructions about a month later.

• harvey and bstachel like this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#3 bstachel

bstachel

LSP Junkie

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:40 PM

All pre-order customers for the Balilla have been kept informed of progress and the last newsletter went out 17th August. If you didnt receive one it may be because your Paypal email address is different to your usual email, which I wont have record of...

"Hello!

A brief update as I’m away for a week (pre-booked holiday, great timing!) and just wanted to keep you all informed of progress.

The final cast master parts are to be finished in the next two weeks and we are finalising the photo etch sets, checking for final fit and ordering.

Screen printed decals arrived form Fantasy Printshop today and they look stunning…Rowan visited Aviattic HQ this morning and was very pleased with the results of his labours coupled with Aviattic innovations in linen and woodgrain decals...this is all looking as awesome as I imagined it!

The delay in finishing the last of the cast parts and a few additions and corrections to the P/E (a stunning fuel switch selector set is a late addition model in itself!) has meant that Bo has not been able to complete the beautiful instruction manual just yet - and this is now the last thing to wait for as he finally receives all the parts and arranges a logical build order. 

In conjunction with the pamphlet modellers will be aided by a “build log” - a photo guide by Ron and others to illustrate methods and techniques. A test version of this has been quietly posted on the website - see “Balilla” drop-down menu. It will be refined and completed in time and there as a permanent reference.

And so to the point of this newsletter…

As I am aware and very grateful to you all for your patience and commitment to this project (and appreciate that we are over schedule now) I was wondering if any of you would want their kit(s) to be delivered without the instruction manual? It could follow later when printed about a month afterwards..

This would incur extra postage (which I’d pay) but at least would let you have the kit and see what you have been so kind to pay for!

Please email me at sales@aviattic.co.uk  only if you’d like your kit sent and the instructions to follow later. Your kit(s) would be despatched late September.

If you are still happy to wait and receive the whole package you need do nothing but remain patient!

My sincere thanks,

Richard and team"

So, nearly there - a very frustrating few months but I am doing the best I can!

Richard

• Zero77 likes this

#4 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

No Problem Richard. It's better to wait a bit longer and to get the "purfect" kit i'm sure we're going to get. :)

• bstachel likes this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#5 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:45 AM

Got the e-mail, understood completely, and did not respond as I elect to wait for the final product. It's not like I don't have 10 other projects going anyway...

• Zero77 and bstachel like this
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#6 bstachel

bstachel

LSP Junkie

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:52 PM

With just 17 left of the initial 200 runlet to sell (and no-one has seen it built yet!) I have been encouraged by the support - especially as a few hold ups have delayed the kits final stages.

All getting ironed out now with just the finalisation of the instruction booklet (which couldn't be finished until we had all the parts and PE) to go...

Best wishes, Richard

• Zero77 likes this

#7 rdobrze

rdobrze

Hooked For Life

• Deceased Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

So now it is the end of September any word on release date ? Yes I preordered. I had no word since I preorders.
Ron

#8 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

Relax guys. :frantic: The world will not come to an end if you do not get the kit this month or in October, or in November or in December or even in 2017. 

I have paid up front for my kit and when it arrives it will arrive. 

I have umpteen zillion unbuilt kits in my stash to play with until it finally arrives. 

I am sure many of you have other kits to build in the meantime.

I much prefer that they take all the time they need to perfect their kit, rather than sending me one with flaws and then there is much complaining and mailing parts back and forth, etc. 

Patience is more than a virtue, it is a necessity in this world. 

Stephen  :popcorn:

• Zero77 likes this
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#9 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:22 PM

Stephen, I agree.

But the kit has been delayed a couple of times. Some people, especially after pre- buying, can become a little disappointed with photo's of the kit & hear how wonderful it is, yet are unable to get it or are not quite sure when it will arrive.

I'm sure Richard has learnt am awful lot from this initial kit, which he'll no doubt apply to his next kit, the 1/32 HP O/400.*

* I made that bit up. Sorry.
  • Zero77 likes this

"If thou behold bijoux that looketh, mayhap, both wondrous and goodly in truck for doit, thou should turneth thy cheek, as aught will cometh of thine actions, surety a USB cable, for chicanery is afoot"

#10 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:21 AM

You are completely wrong, Dean! The next kit will be the Junkers D.1!!!

Patience, everyone! They are trying to get this kit done right, and have added extra value. I have two ordered and paid for, so in it for double.

Ron: I would send Richard your e-mail address again. I have been getting the updates, no problem.

• Zero77 likes this
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#11 CATCplSlade

CATCplSlade

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:25 AM

So....is this the car or the Genoese boy you're talking about?

Working on: AIR - Revell Spitfire Mk IIa   LAND - Bandai 1/30 Hummel, Zvezda Mercedes L4500A, Dragon Kubelwagen Ambulance

#12 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

Got 2 preordered as well, i got the updates and i dont worry.

And you're wrong guys, the next one will be a bundle with a Illia Muromets and a Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI .

#13 bstachel

bstachel

LSP Junkie

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

Hi, some customers don't use the same email as their Paypal ID email - so a few may have slipped through the "Newsletter" net as I won't have your contact email, just notification from Paypal of the sale....

If thats the case please email me and then you'll be in the system.

I have kept all pre-order customers up to date (if I've had their email address) and the delays are nothing that anyone with a knowledge of the trials of limited run kit production would be surprised at, just not what I hoped for. and yes, a steep learning curve.

The offer is there to receive your kit sans instruction booklet, p/e and Fantasy Printshop decals as these are the elements that are now holding us up. The finalisation and addition of a myriad of extra detail parts in resin and brass that added to these delays (and rogue batches of ink and varnish) will make the final kit worth the wait...I can't say fairer than that.

Best wishes, Richard

• Zero77 likes this

#14 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

Stephen, I agree.

But the kit has been delayed a couple of times. Some people, especially after pre- buying, can become a little disappointed with photo's of the kit & hear how wonderful it is, yet are unable to get it or are not quite sure when it will arrive.

I'm sure Richard has learnt am awful lot from this initial kit, which he'll no doubt apply to his next kit, the 1/32 HP O/400.*

* I made that bit up. Sorry.

Don't do that to me!!! Telling me that a HP 0/400 is due to come out in 1/32 and then saying you were only fooling.

That is very not nice.  :crying:

Stephen

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#15 vince14

vince14

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

I've just seen the preview in the latest Windsock magazine, and I know it's going to be worth the wait. The Balilla will set the gold standard for resin kits (and not just ones of WWI aircraft). 

• Zero77 and bstachel like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users