Photo

Off to Spain, catch you next time, have fun!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Going to Spain after AMPS show Friday and Saturday. Catch you crazy mother****ers when I get back! John, keep your hands off any more Birdcage Corsairs, and Karim, be safe flying around. The rest of you don't build anything I wouldn't build, but that will cover just about nothing because there's very little I won't build if I see the right kit done by one of y'all.

Hey Bill. Travel safe buddy, im home with the flue so no flying for me. Enjoy your time off and godspeed bro!
  • Bill Cross likes this

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW DFW C.V (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros DVa (WIP/RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI) Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler (RFI) WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI)

WIP: WnW AEG G.IV (late)

Check out my blog on Smugmug                                        i-6kV8Kvp-Th.jpg

#17 Bill_S

Bill_S

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

Researching a Running with the Bulls diorama? Safe travels!

• Bill Cross likes this

I started building my shelf of doom, but I never finished it.

#18 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

I'm about >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< jealous!!

It was equal parts hell and heaven. I did get to see Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, but had almost no time to myself (disclaimer: much of that time was spent drinking Spanish wine and eating Serrano ham).

Bring me back a donkey  :shrug:

??? That would REALLY get my Global Entry status revoked, haha!

Yep, Happy journey, Bill. I imagine my pal is having a blast at AMPS. One of these days, I will attend.

AMPS was fun and I won two bronzes. Considering how little time I had to prep, I'm surprised I won anything at all.

Que vaya con Dios, and all the tortilla & paella you can consume!

No tortilla and my companions don't like paella :mental: but plenty of eggs over spuds with ham shavings and Barcelona's Estrella Damm beer is damn fine beer.

And a windmill. :D

Safe travels. Enjoy the wine and food.

Mmmmm, tapas! :)

The wine & food are superb, though the Spanish aren't much on veggies (unless covering in ham shavings).

Hey Bill! Where you gonna be? I'm on the ferry to Santander on Tuesday/Wednesday, then heading west to Santiago d C over the next couple of days, then who knows where!? If our paths crossed it would be a shame not to share a couple of cervesas!!!

I was in Madrid during the Barcelona-Real Madrid game (tix were $600 each, so I didn't go), then in Getafe (an industrial area SW of Madrid), then Barcelona (wonderful), Toledo (wonderful) and back to Madrid. It was wall-to-wall work, but I had fun with my travel companions and might actually come out of it with some money.

Agreed.  Safe travels.  Spain will never be the same.

Sincerely,

Mark

That's for sure, the Spanish don't know WHAT to make of me. :innocent:

Enjoy! Where in Spain will you be?

Madrid (too much), Barcelona (too little), and Toledo (just right).

Work or pleasure..........if it's work make use of the expense account............

Work. Yes, the client paid, but it was still a week of work in the office lost that may not generate more than a few thousand for my company. It's a crap shoot at this point.

Researching a Running with the Bulls diorama? Safe travels!

Haha, no, didn't get to Pamplona and Barcelona has outlawed bull fighting as cruelty to animals. Mostly a lot of throwing of the bull in sales meetings and contract negotiations. :frantic: :rofl: :punk:

• Big Texan and BiggTim like this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#19 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Sagrada Familia. The damnedest thing I have ever seen. Spectacularly beautiful.

sagrada-familia---800x600_thumb.jpg

• Bill_S, Rick Griewski, williamj and 5 others like this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#20 Big Texan

Big Texan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

I was stationed in Spain from Jun 89 -  Jun 92 in the Air Force. Absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it!!! Saw everything I could in the 3 years I was there on my motorcycle! Spain is awesome motorcycle country! I went all over!!! North, South, East, and West! Saw so many castles, Roman ruins, Carthagenian ruins, etc, etc!  Want to go back and see some more!!!

Enjoy Bill !!!! 

• Martinnfb, Bill Cross, BiggTim and 1 other like this
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, and a fool from any direction"

#21 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 23,860 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Congrats on the bronze awards, Bill. I've seen but a few photos so far, but from what I have seen, lots of cool stuff there. Perhaps my big Jagtiger will be finished by next year.

• Bill Cross likes this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress: 1:24 Bf 109K-4, MiG-15, Soviet Ace, Fw 190F-8,

#22 wunwinglow

wunwinglow

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

Motorcycle + Spain = Absolute Heaven! In Candas right now, wriggling our way back to Santander and the ferry over the next few days. Great little model shop in Torrelavega to visit too. I'll post a link to some video shortly.......

Edited by wunwinglow, 03 May 2017 - 04:14 PM.

• Big Texan and Bill Cross like this

My Father told me two things would happen as I got older.
I can't remember either of them....

FLYINGSTART_TITLE%20SMALL.JPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users