MRC 1/35 UH-1C Huey Gunship

Texas

Update....Work continues on turning a silk purse into a sows ear......The top has been a real pain so I have removed the two lumps so I can get the top filled and sanded to look about like it should.....

Fillq.jpg

Fillr.jpg

Fills.jpg

Stay Tuned

Texas :speak_cool:

Texas, I have been following along silently here.......................awesome work and like many others are thinking that it is great to see another chopper on the forum!

Like Shawn said..................end is near. Love the red paint too!

Cheers

Anthony

Hi Texas

Coming along great. Will you be considering a post shading with the original green color mixed with black and and a fading effect on top of the cabin roof? Cant wait to see your next update.

Oliver

Hi Texas

Coming along great. Will you be considering a post shading with the original green color mixed with black and and a fading effect on top of the cabin roof? Cant wait to see your next update.

Oliver

Thanks.....It will get a faded look on top once the small parts are added....Then it will be futured, decaled,futured again to seal the decals, weathered with artist oils and then flat coated. We shall see how it all comes out.

Texas :frantic:

Hi Texas,

good work so far,I know this kit is not easy to build but still there is a few points which may look better with some extra patience.Especially on the miniguns and rockets I can see places which may eventually look nicer when glued points are sanded down and geometry is kept correctly.Also on the paint,it looks very rough to me,maybe the color was not thinned enough? And final advice to be aware of...you know the black decals covering footsteps on fuselage sides? Better to mask & spray these as they won't fit correctly.Try to apply one of these and you'll see what I'm talking about.....please do not take this as critics,just want to help a little bit.But anyway,looking forward to see anothey Huey finished :party0023:

Regards Ludek

Tex,

this is a really great build.

Makes me want to get the "Apocalypse Now" DVD out, crank up the surround sound and get those Hueys flying around the living room!

Keep up the great work.

Phil :thumbsup:

Hi Texas,

good work so far,I know this kit is not easy to build but still there is a few points which may look better with some extra patience.Especially on the miniguns and rockets I can see places which may eventually look nicer when glued points are sanded down and geometry is kept correctly.Also on the paint,it looks very rough to me,maybe the color was not thinned enough? And final advice to be aware of...you know the black decals covering footsteps on fuselage sides? Better to mask & spray these as they won't fit correctly.Try to apply one of these and you'll see what I'm talking about.....please do not take this as critics,just want to help a little bit.But anyway,looking forward to see anothey Huey finished :BANGHEAD2:

Regards Ludek

Thanks for your suggestions.....I am always trying to learn new ways to improve my models and make them better....

Texas :speak_cool: