Fisher Sea Fury FB.II UPDATE:9/1/14: FINISHED

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 5/27/14: THE FRONT OFFICE

With pool season in high gear and being dog tired (even if I'm an inside guy) and with the grind of the Sufa added in, I had lost almost all my enthusiasm to spend time at the bench. I needed a change of scenery and after countless days and weeks of doing absolutely nothing, the proverbial light bulb finally lit: I needed a diversion to get the juices flowing. I needed a project that would fire my imagination and staring right at me was my collection of Fisher kits; at the top was the Sea Fury. I'll take my time, enjoy the build and when done, I'm sure the juices will have returned to tackle the Sufa and make the sprint to the finish line.

Just a bit too old and set in my ways and even though the instructions call for doing the prop and engine first, I charged ahead and dove into the front office construction.

The casting are exquisite and highly detailed. Paul provided lots of duplicate parts as a back up and only one or two were needed. After studying photos and a number of builds, I decided to go with a scale effect and not paint the cockpit flat black but rather a custom mix for a dark gray. Two full days over the holiday were needed to complete the front office and I couldn't have been more pleased. Not just with the quality of the kit (Thanks Paul) but I was actually eager for the first time in months to head off to the bench and do some serious building. I still need to do a bit of touch up work and weather the belts a bit but for the most part, the firt assembly is done.

Next up will be the prop and Bristol Centaurus Engine assemblies.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

PCW_0063_zpsdd819b3c.jpg

PCW_0062_zps32b3f61d.jpg

PCW_0061_zpsbe864c8c.jpg

PCW_0065_zps940b4993.jpg

PCW_0064_zpsf2fb1e0b.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks John

So far, the Sea Fury has been a pleasure and a joy to work on.  Next up is will be the engine and prop and then onto the fuselage wing glue-up. I've been thinking about your PM and it looks like the way to go.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Jolly Roger

Very much appreciated.

It's 100% the kit: resin and PE. Paints are Tamiya and Valljeo acrylics over Tamiya Fine Gray Lacquer Primer.

Peter

Beautiful work on this.  This kit is on my RADAR.  She's a beauty.

I considered getting the HobbyCraft Sea Fury and hook up with Fisher AM stuff.  Turns out the cost of a complete Fisher kit is close to adding all the "corrections" to the HobbyCraft kit.

Model on Peter!

Awesome start Peter!  Good to see you getting back to the bench, I know what it's like to lose the mojo because things get too busy.  This looks like an amazing kit, and one that should be a blast to build

Matt  :frantic:

Guest Peterpools

Rick

Much appreciated but go with the Fisher kit ... the accuracy and all details can't be added to the Hobby Craft kit unless you you're prepared to go the route Peter went. The Paul Fisher's kit is worth every penny.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Matt ... much appreciated. Feels good to be eager to spend time at the bench as the Sea Fury seemed to be the ticket.

Peter