56 squadron Typhoon 1B (Revell)

mozart

I'm doing one of these beauties, haven't decided which individual aircraft yet but I have a tenuous connection with 56 squadron so:

H9C0a3.jpg

Hopefully will make a start tomorrow afternoon, otherwise Thursday.  (Is it my old eyes, or is the tail fin of the middle Tiffy a different shape?)

Max

Edited by mozart

Excellent choice, can't wait to see the first cut plastic.

My guess would be the camouflage of the third aircraft makes the tail fin of the second one look taller, but that's only a guess :hmmm:

Lothar

You're right Lothar, looked at closely what I thought was the top of the fin is in fact a curve on the third Tiffy's camouflage!  Just goes to prove the camera CAN lie!!

Wow you have your hands full along with your Anson and dare I mention your Revell Hurricane Max!

Will be following with interest.

Regards. Andy

Yes Andy you're right, got a bit bogged down with the Anson - it's still very much alive and kicking but this is therapy for head-banging moments.  It was a toss up between the Tiffy and the Hurricane....if the Tiffy goes well, the Hurri could be on the books for No. 2!!

Max

Excellent choice, can't wait to see the first cut plastic.

My guess would be the camouflage of the third aircraft makes the tail fin of the second one look taller, but that's only a guess :hmmm:

Lothar

You're right Lothar, looked at closely what I thought was the top of the fin is in fact a curve on the third Tiffy's camouflage!  Just goes to prove the camera CAN lie!!

I don't know. The leading edge of the middle craft has curvature where the other two are straight. Could it be that it is a prototype pressed into service?

vdffv.jpg

Edited by Bill_S

Just to "clock" the date of starting!!  

ab1fwh.jpg

A tentative start: a light sanding of the fuselage to lessen to prominence of the rivets, raised panel lines and aft fuselage strengtheners.  I've also cut off the rudder so that I can pose it slightly off centre later and sanded off all the very heavy stitching......waaaaayyyy over the top!  I've started doing a few bits to the cockpit, there's a little warpage of the framework on one side but that won't pose any problems.  As I've said previously I don't intend detailing the cockpit any further than putting in a rudimentary support for the Barracuda resin seat and home-made seat belts, I may add some detail on the IP, I'll see how it looks first of all with the transfer that's supplied. 

Max

Edited by mozart