Finished!! 1/32 Trumpeter P-47N Thunderbolt "Chautauqua&#

Tolga ULGUR

The issue is a bit more complex : Hasegawa got the fuselage totally wrong. It's width is way too small. If you compare it to the Tamiya kit, you'll see what i'm talking about. So the Hasegawa canopy is, unfortunatly, also wrong in dimensions

I haven t compare it with Tamiya yet, but I am sure that it s better in all ways than the trumpeter s canopy

Sorry, i'm talking about the 1:48 kit. When i mastered the cockpit set for the Hasegawa 1:32 P47 i was puzzled at why my reference dimensions turned always too large. Then i compared the factory drawings of the P47 with the Hasegawa cross dimensions and found the the fuselage to be way too narrow at the cocpit section. The Tamiya 1:48 kits on the other hand are spot on and since the Trumpeter kit looks like a scaled up Tamiya kit, it is also dimensionnally more accurate than the Hasegawa kit

Vincent

OK Vincent... do you know something 'we' don't ?

Out with it ...  Iknewthat.jpg

Sorry, i'm talking about the 1:48 kit. When i mastered the cockpit set for the Hasegawa 1:32 P47 i was puzzled at why my reference dimensions turned always too large. Then i compared the factory drawings of the P47 with the Hasegawa cross dimensions and found the the fuselage to be way too narrow at the cocpit section. The Tamiya 1:48 kits on the other hand are spot on and since the Trumpeter kit looks like a scaled up Tamiya kit, it is also dimensionnally more accurate than the Hasegawa kit

Vincent

Wish Trumpeter scaled up also Tamiya s windscreen and canopy..

Wish Trumpeter scaled up also Tamiya s windscreen and canopy..

I'm sorry to break the bad news but the Hasegawa canopy you used is at the wrong position in your model. It should be much more forward. Trumpeter got the proportions correct, use the access hatches for reference, you will see what i mean :

2f525896bb03faa220cc5ee55d0d0d91.jpg

Edited by Vincent/MDC

I'm sorry to break the bad news but the Hasegawa canopy you used is at the wrong position in your model. It should be much more forward. Trumpeter got the proportions correct, use the access hatches for reference, you will see what i mean :

2f525896bb03faa220cc5ee55d0d0d91.jpg

Aaahh. "Wish you were here" before Vincent. :doh:

Well, I see what you mean, yes you are right .Front alignment of the windscreen is 2 or 3 mm behind on the fuselage 

If I moved the windscreen to forward, fitting of the rear part canopy will have problem.

It needs to use windscreen and canopy parts separately. And in this option, the gap between the windscreen and opened sliding canopy will be increased.

So my options are:

1- Finding a separate Hasegawa windscreen, and re worked the overlap area of the windscreen, at least 1 or 1,5 mm forward. Thus error portion will be reduced.

2- To continue as it is by using the drug of "it is just 2 mm behind not too much"

3- And stopping the project

Waiting for your suggestions. :hmmm: