CONQUEST 1

ruzlkampf

Last view before I go chow. Looking more stump-like than a stock Bearcat.(if that's possible! ;) ) I'll probably be back on the forum a bit later on tonight with some more pics, as I'm just getting up and started on getting motivated. I feel like doing some painting, so I should have some primer shot on this. See ya'll then! Later, Russ

post-4413-1260676156.jpg

Thanks Kevin! This build is coming together nicely, and I'm planning on having it done by this coming weekend. THEN, I've got 21 days off for vacation....soooo, I juuuust might be able to squeeze yet one more build in before the deadline! :rolleyes: A nice & easy Hasegawa 109 G-10 high-altitude all RLM 76 jobby. :rolleyes:

But I digress; Didn't get a chance to post pics last night cuz I took a nice siesta. I'm getting old, and must have my nappy-time. Did manage to afix the wings and get my trailing edge wingroot 'swoops' put on. Hmmmm, did something else but I forget. Did I mention I'm old? :frantic: OK, here's where I wuz. Got a zinc-chromate primer coat on so ya'll won't have to look at my scuzzy putty job. Just started working on the last hurdle of this build,....the canopy and it's opening, so I've got some paper templates taped up for preliminary sizing. Walk-around time! Whoohoo!

post-4413-1260770421.jpg

Haven't had a chance to show the bottom view yet, but now that I've got the bottom pieces of the trailing edge fillet attached.....here's what it looks like so far. Still have to fill in where the stock flap areas don't quite meet the fuse, but no big whup.

post-4413-1260770848.jpg

A close-up view of the exhaust area;

post-4413-1260771151.jpg

Aaaaand a sneak view of the modified inside-the-wheelwell-fuse area. More pics of the mods here as I start painting this area in preparation of closing up the fuse 1/2's.

post-4413-1260771272.jpg

Last pics of the night. These show where I'm at just shy of my first week of whompin on this thing. Painting the innards tonight so I can glue the fuse 1/2's together, and install the landing gear. With the fuselage together I can go about getting the canopy lined up and formed, so that's next. The rest is just painting/polishing/decals. Yahoo! :rolleyes:

More pics as things progress. :rolleyes: Later, Russ

post-4413-1260772037.jpg

post-4413-1260772055.jpg

Heeeey, Dave and Johan! Glad to see ya'll following along. :lol: Well, when ya leave 1/2 the pieces out building a kit Dave,....it DOES seem to go fast. Heck, you know me though...I'm not here to race anybody or compete with anybody but myself. It's all about having FUN! :P Whelp, haven't posted in a few days cuz 'they've' been trying to suck the life outta this spud before letting me loose for a 21-day vacation! Whoohoo! :innocent: I've managed to survive intact more or less, so ya'll will be seeing me give updates pretty much everyday for awhile.

Lesseee, where wuz I? Aaaaah yes, carving a canopy. While I've been doing the 'putty thing' filling in all those infamous Trumpeter rivets, I managed to slather some Milliput onto the 'stinger' on the tail and get a facsimile of a canopy going. Got some catching up to do post-wise....so I'll start here. Lumpy canopy and splotched 'n botched primer paint. I was actually amazed at how many sink-holes, and depressions were molded into this kit. How bizarre. :lol:

post-4413-1261216174.jpg