Shinden-Kai WIP

logan181

My George is now officially finished. With the addition of Master Model's type 99 barrels I recieved today, I can say with no hesitation for all the guys that are building the George, this set will enhance your build tremendously.

post-5601-1246662143.jpg

Very nice John! Congratulations on a fine build, and being the first of Team George to cross the line (I've already got last place reserved...). Those barrels look amazing, and I'll definitely be considering them for my build. Can you post some more photos?

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't resist the "bump" here so we could get all of "Team George" together for a family photo. I've been reading Genda's Blade and the Japanese viewed the George as their best fighter overall though some say the Frank had better performance. The same argument takes place concerning the Corsair and Hellcat but in this book the Japanese focused on the F6F-5 as their most dreaded foe because of it was more nimble and could withstand so much battle damage.

Eli

These are Master Model's type 99 barrels, below is the link to Piotr's page. while he doesn't sell them directly he does have a list of sites that do. Here is the story of how this all came about..

http://www.master-model.pl/index.php?optio...d=1&lang=en

Just an update of sorts.. I was searching for type 99 cannons to finish my Shiden, but to no avial. luck would have it that I stumbled across the Master Model website, I petitioned Piotr the head guy to consider releasing the type 99 cannon in 1/32 scale. Weeks went by and I thought nothing more of it. Yesterday I was surfing the net and by chance I came across the site again. lo and behold Type 99 cannons, I promptly sent Piotr a reply thanking him for honoring my request. Fast foreward to today, I again recived a reply from Piotr.

Dear John!

no problem - you have very serious contribute in origin of this barrel.

I would like to say thank you by sending you set of this barrels.

Please give me your post address.

Best Regards

Piotr Czerkasow

www.master-model.pl

info@master-model.pl

To say the least I was floored. I told Piotr that I would endorse his products, and I am a man of my word.

Piotr sent me two different sets, one for the George, and another for the Zero.

Thanks

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...