My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

As you know, I am no 109 expert, but my take is that the best E is Dragon's, with Eduard's close equal with the corrected canopy. All the rest far below, and not even sure the old Matchbox is not more accurate than Trumpeter's.

I am sure the real experten will correct me if I am wrong.

Hubert

PS: of course you have a lot to bring to others. And, btw, just looking at your George thread has convinced me taht you with numb fingers are better than me who supposedly has full-working fine motion control :)

As you know, I am no 109 expert, but my take is that the best E is Dragon's, with Eduard's close equal with the corrected canopy. All the rest far below, and not even sure the old Matchbox is not more accurate than Trumpeter's.

I am sure the real experten will correct me if I am wrong.

Hubert

PS: of course you have a lot to bring to others. And, btw, just looking at your George thread has convinced me taht you with numb fingers are better than me who supposedly has full-working fine motion control :)

Thanks Hubert. I forgot to add a photo of the damned airbrush. 

The main trouble I am having with my muscles, is those controlling my mouth. When I was sane I knew when to STFU. I always thought of that quote attributed to Boethius. "Had you remained silent, we may have thought you intelligent." Or something. Memory is stuffed."

I seem to have forgotten. :)

Many thanks on the George.

I've seen your builds. Mate, they're awesome. I look to them for inspiration.

It's a very similar situation to that of drumming. We drummers/other musicians etc, we are really hard on ourselves. Or seem to be. As an example, I saw a mate play a gig. He killed. Great friggin drummer. He's in 3 of the top Australian acts.

I was floored. He came off stage complaining about this and that. how he'd not played well...

It's like we can't hear ourselves? It's weird.

Than there are those who think and believe they are great! (musicians NOT modelers!) Oh man they are a headache. Being stuck on a tour bus day in and day out...

Anyway I've gone off topic.

The airbrush! It's an HP.C Plus and I also got a 3 meter hose and a new airbrush cleaning bowl. Knocked the other over. :). I hope I've not screwed up again! :D

thumb_2848__tbn_348.jpeg

I think the quote is in the likes of :

"It is better to remain silent and have people think you are stupid, than speak up and confirm without doubt that you are" :)

But that does not apply to you, my quoting-Shakespeare-and-Sphocles-friend ;)

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Ah yes, all others get the credit but Boethius....

I'm not a conspiracy theorist....

Said the conspiracy theorist. :D

I read Boethius' book. The one he wrote in prison while waiting for the invading "emperor" to have him clubbed to death.

Good book. 

Anyway, since we're off the subject and just talkin', I wanna tell you about "SHE!" Actually She deserves two exclamation marks > !!

I recall awaking to this whispered sentence:

"Shhh, my husband is home. My mother in law is with him. I have to take the kids to little athletics. Good luck."

I recall thinking: "What the..who? Husband? Kids? We only met at the gig!" So on and so forth.

I then watched, naked in a room where my clothes were not, nor was there a place to hide, as she bundled the kids in the car and drove off....

There I was, a naked strange man in a house that was unaware..

And the husband and MIL were at the table talking just outside the door.

Meanwhile I am like 2 hours from Sydney and the bus is supposed to pick me up for another band to go on tour in 2 hours!

After what seemed an interminable time, I heard them leave. I then went in search of my clothes. Surprise, they were hidden! :)

Found them, managed to get to Sydney. I walked in one door as the other was buzzed by the new band. Happily that kit and clothing were arranged by my tech.

There's so much to that story. But it has to be told over a cold beer. :)

So, this Iwata seems a good airbrush...  :innocent:

Hi Dale, I think you will like the new airbrush a lot. I did build a Trumpeter E and liked it. The cockpit isn't great, as in not overly detailed, but the rest goes together easily and it looks like a 109. Also for me, it saves a lot of time because it already has rivets, which I like. The Cyber-Hobby/Dragon is the best E for sure, but is a more complicated build. Fiddly hinge stuff and a difficult fit if you want the cowlings on are the main issues, at least for me. Worth dealing with though.

Jay

The airbrush! It's an HP.C Plus and I also got a 3 meter hose and a new airbrush cleaning bowl. Knocked the other over. :). I hope I've not screwed up again! :D 

You have definitely not screwed up on your airbrush choice. My HP C+ is my favorite by far of the four ABs I have. It's my workhorse.

Hi Dale, I think you will like the new airbrush a lot. I did build a Trumpeter E and liked it. The cockpit isn't great, as in not overly detailed, but the rest goes together easily and it looks like a 109. Also for me, it saves a lot of time because it already has rivets, which I like. The Cyber-Hobby/Dragon is the best E for sure, but is a more complicated build. Fiddly hinge stuff and a difficult fit if you want the cowlings on are the main issues, at least for me. Worth dealing with though.

Jay

Yes, having the cowling on is the most important aspect. I saw reviews on both the eduard and Dragon saying the engine makes fitting the cowling difficult. Although I've only built the cockpit of the Dragon and one Eduard thus far.

Is there a trick to getting each in while allowing the cowlings to fit?

I was hoping you'd answer.

Oh and I also filled the seam on the supercharger intake on my F4. Still needs some sanding. I am going about it most delicately.

Thanks Jay. :)

You have definitely not screwed up on your airbrush choice. My HP C+ is my favorite by far of the four ABs I have. It's my workhorse.

Victory! Yaaaaaay.....me?  :yahoo:  :tumble:

Some crazy exchanges, Dale, but it's what I expect from you. Let us know your experiences with the Iwata....time to head out to work! Have a great weekend.

No no, "insane".

Do try to stay on topic. ;)

I was thinking of you as I made my choice. "What'll Shaka think of this?" :D

True story. :)

As for stories. The one involving the set up for a Roman style "dinner party" complete with authentic dishes and slaves, is a true classic.

It involves a famous actress, who was as yet unfamous. 

But that's a story for a good stiff whiskey, and perhaps a totally "other" kind of website.  :hmmm:

Great choice on airbrush Dale, I have the HP CH + and its a fantastic workhorse.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy!  I am feeling quite confident about it now.

So I'll have two permanently set up airbrushes. One to each compressor. I'll also have time to get the Infinity refurbished. There must've been something wrong from the very beginning.

Paasche never got back to me regarding my queries. But I'll send the talon down to the importer, who is a really nice bloke, and have him check it out.

I cleaned it completely yet it still does not work at all.

I tell you what, I kind of disrespect Paasche. If they were drums I'd have my students avoid them like the plague.

Drumming today for 4 hours. :)

Did I ever tell you the story of the bachelor and spinsters ball way out in the bush? Quite, the story. :D

Thanks guys.

Jay, I was tempted to PM you about the E7 but didn't want to disturb you. I was hoping you'd chime in. :)

Due to the last couple of days being busy, I got little done.

20170121_071821-1_zpshuclyzjn.jpg

I've decided to use the Montex masks colours.

The first is cool because it displays quite prominent kill markings on the starboard side.

20170121_072253-1_zpsfcroihbc.jpg

The second choice is not as colourful, however the pilot apparently was. A real character and a 25 victory ace. Naoshi Kanno of the 343 kokutai. Apparently he was eventually taken out by P51's. Interesting because in a Youtube interview with another N1K2-J ace, this ace said the P51 was the most dangerous foe he faced. I kind of expected it to be the F4U. Nope, the P 51.

20170121_072733-1_zpsm89wbwhs.jpg

Also, on the kit spinner it has these dead strait raised lines. Seen on the left just before the blade opening. Are these meant to be there or should they be sanded off? I won't be working on the kit again until tomorrow. Plenty of time.

20170121_071904-1_zpspgol9xpd.jpg

Many thanks. Dale. :)

The cut outs in the spinner are correct

Not the cut outs. The raised lines on the spinner.

How's this?

Did the George spinner have any raised lines? I cannot see any on photos.

Really interesting choice of markings for the E7, Dale...I've never seen anything like it!

Yeah it is nice eh?

Hi Dale, sorry I didn't see your post until now. Trying to find pics of what I did to make it all fit together.

You start off with this

000_0011.jpgThen I just kept grinding away material until it would fit.

000_0017.jpgIt was a lengthy process trying to figure out exactly where to grind. I also thinned out the cowlings I think. This was the first Cyber-Hobby 109 I built. I am going to look up the second one to see if I figured out an easier solution.

Jay