AIMS Ju 88 Rüstsätze B2 fuel bay set

Pastor John

Hi everyone,

I have been working on this on and off for over a year but a small break from other projects let me finish it. I did not want to compete with the Profimodeller Bomb bay and it was always intending that this set would be for those Ju 88s / 188s using the Rüstsätze B2 extra fuel tank in the 2nd bomb bay. I can find no clear photos or factory confirmation on what doors / panel was fitted when using this conversion - at first glance one would assume that a panel like the forward bay - when used for fuel - would be employed with its three fuel venting points but the B2 could not use these as the centre frame is in the way so my guess is that this conversion used what ever was on hand - 4 or 2 door set up. Anyway I have finished the test shot of the PE today and will make sure everything fits as it should. I also started making the fuel tank which will be a resin item. Best wishes, John

1-32-Rustsatz-B2-giff_zpsvivyve8h.gif

I have been making forth-coming fuel bay PE a little better. My first thought was for the modeller to have to cut plastic rod used for the rib in between the former's and bulkheads rather than passing through cut out in them as in real life - obviously measuring to get the cut out correct is difficult hence the first approach, well as it is only a test shot I may as well try so the cut out have been made as best as possible as well as some more details added or amended. Fuel tank is done so just need to start work on the funnels and fuel dump pipe

1-32-Ju-88-Rustsatz-B2-PE-gif_zpsy5gawir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well glad this is just a test shot - a few things need correcting and a few others need improving, note the ribs were not added because it is those that need the most correcting, sadly the holes for the stringers don't match up  - sealing the holes I made is the easiest option but that means cutting 120 pieces of rod rather than just pushing 20 stringers in from back to front so no I must try again 

20170314_225807_zps7duwycwp.jpg20170314_225735_zpsjspjzcm0.jpg20170314_230011_zpsbpwhhsys.jpg20170314_230457_zpsk4rgx1tc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't seem that many people are that interested in this but in case you are I finished the test shot today and am very happy with it. Should get this and the tail wheel bay budget set out for June but need to move house first so lots of upheaval after the Moson show here in Hungary on 22nd/23rd  April. Regarding tail bay - the bare plastic former will not be bare on the production sheet as thanks to Guttorm I now have clear photos of both sides of this and managed to squeeze the designs into the frame I made - see other post

20170409_203018_zpsaooeivi0.jpg20170409_203057_zps7bkm8sfq.jpg20170409_203208_zpskizkh09m.jpg20170409_203231_zpsvwfhjkfi.jpg

John,

I'll be in for a couple of sets please, plus a couple of tail wheel bay sets & A1 Essentials set.

I'll order when they are all ready - sounds like June perhaps?

Good luck with the house move - just what modellers hate, having to pack up the workbench and unpack again.