1/32 Tamiya P-51D

Cpig

Mark, Ron, Out2 and Harv, thank you all very much.

Joe, that is just ridiculously good!!! Seriously man, that's without a doubt one of the best P-51D's of any scale I've ever seen. I've honestly been debating which markings to use on my Tamiya kit (whenever I get to it!) and I think you've just convinced me to do the RAF Dk. Green Old Crow. Plus, knowing how much of a true gentleman Bud Anderson is, how can one not in some small way pay tribute to him?!

Congrats on a great build and thanks for the tips 'n tricks along the way!

John

John,

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I'm happy to hear you are going to do "Old Crow", I still prefer the camo aircraft over the NMF and that's one of the reasons I chose this one over Old Crow silver. I'll probably do the NMF version later though. If you ever want to try the masking process just let me know and I'll give you my LSP member discount.

Joe

Mark, Ron, Out2 and Harv, thank you all very much.

John,

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I'm happy to hear you are going to do "Old Crow", I still prefer the camo aircraft over the NMF and that's one of the reasons I chose this one over Old Crow silver. I'll probably do the NMF version later though. If you ever want to try the masking process just let me know and I'll give you my LSP member discount.

Joe

Joe..

Ya know, I was honestly going to contact you about the masks and now I most definitely will! (PM on the way). I do have the old Mustangs International sheet with the markings on them, but I'm SO impressed with how the masks look, I'm going to give it a try. I've been a tad intimidated about trying masks......no idea why.....so sleep well knowing you've now pushed me over the edge! :frantic:

John

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm callin her finished even though I still have a couple minor touch ups to do and the micro crystal clear hasn't dried yet.

Here are a couple shots, rest of em are in the "Ready for Inspection" thread here:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=39047

Finished tires with flat earth paint, then sanded off rubber mold line and most of the paint. FInished by using circle mask to hand paint whitewalls per Bud Anderson's tires.

6889682120_9fd015984b_b.jpg

6889685880_b1d8816fde_b.jpg

7035863989_15003b2a93_b.jpg

• 1 year later...