2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

Guest Smitty44

I'm guessing that not everyone is coming for the whole 4 days, so maybe doing it Friday night would be best? Bound to get the best participation on that day, I would think.

Sounds about right, though I am going Tuesday so I can buy all the good, cheap kits before you all get there!

Guest Smitty44

Friday night sounds good to me. Looking to go to the d-backs game on Thursday night.

Mike

I had considered that, but I'm an American League guy.

Sounds about right, though I am going Tuesday so I can buy all the good, cheap kits before you all get there!

I'm going to be there on Tuesday as well, but I don't think anyone is on danger of me buying them out of kits. :)

Friday night sounds good to me. Looking to go to the d-backs game on Thursday night.

Mike

What's a d-back? Is that anything like a d-bag?  :innocent:

Ok ladies!

I have been purposely staying far FAR away from this thread, because last year at the NATs was one of the best times Ive had at a modelling show, but because of the possibility of me being on-call that week, I was not sure I was going..........AAMOF, I was pretty sure I was not going to be able to make it................

However, just this past week my companies on-call schedule came out, and low-and-behold I don't go on-call till 8/8!  I also got my financials figured out too, and found there was a possibility I might actually be able to swing the hotel and airfare.   So, I went on the PHX IPMS site last week and found a good hotel room (if not a bit pricey) but it worked for me. I got hit with a bad bout of back problems over the weekend, so Like an IDIOT I put it off and didn't get a chance to reserve the room.

I went back this morning as I'm now back on my feet (kind of) to reserve the room, and of course, 3 out of the 4 days I wanted are now booked solid!    :BANGHEAD2:     It was my own fault, I just thought surely they would still be there a day and a half later, but nope

However, thanks to John's (Smitty44) and Ernie's (Clunkmeister) supreme generosity to allow me to stay with them, Im now going to PHX as well!     :m0152:  :party0023:

I just now got my plane tickets confirmed, and got my time off set from work as well (just now awaiting approval on it, but that shouldn't be an issue this far out) 

It should be a blast! 

Guest Clunkmeister

I have five letters that would make this gathering just about darn near perfect.....\

K

A

R

I

M

Now wouldn't that be darn near the icing on the cake..   I'd have a big old sheeit eatin' grin on, give him a big ol' sloppy wet kiss on the cheek and I might even break down and buy him a beer. Or 20.