F-14- Tamiya or Revell

LSP_Mike

I am curious- which 1/32 F-14 is more accurate,the Revell or Tamiya kit? I remember hearing that the Revell kit had the better cockpit,and it has reccessed lines..... what's up with the Tamiya kit. I do by far more WWI and WWII planes but if I want to do a jet which is the better investment? I still need to save the 'ol pennies for the 109K,the P-39,a D.520........... thanks for any info mike in calif

QUOTE (mike in calif @ Sep 19 2003, 04:08 AM)
I am curious- which 1/32 F-14 is more accurate,the Revell or Tamiya kit? I remember hearing that the Revell kit had the better cockpit,and it has reccessed lines..... what's up with the Tamiya kit. I do by far more WWI and WWII planes but if I want to do a jet which is the better investment? I still need to save the 'ol pennies for the 109K,the P-39,a D.520........... thanks for any info mike in calif

I know that TAMYIA F-14A is some how better than Revell Kit (as reported from customer) but the problem on the F-14A is its price tag.

And the new F-14A (black knight) is more expensive than the 1994 version with the exception of addition of LARTIN POD, etc..

I don't know the price for Revell Kit in other location, the for sure the price from us + surface mail is cheaper than most store in US.

Raymond

I built both. I built the Tamiya kit years ago while I was in college and I finished the Revell kit last year. In fact my Revell F-14 is here on ARC. The Revell kit is definitely cheaper and requires more putty and work to get a good fit between parts (fed fuse to aft fuse mate is horrendous) The Tamiya kit is nice because you get the boarding ladder. On the Revell kit you have to scratch build it. Revell has recessed panel lines and Tamiya doesn't. The inlets on the Tamiya kit are positionalble for the different flight regimes whereas the Revell ones are not.

I'd say it's a toss up deping on which one you like or how your wallet votes. I liked both but bought the Revell one a) cause I already built a Tamiya and #>cool.gif the price.

hope i haven't confused you even more #>laugh.gif

Jeff