JimRice

Just visited the Panda site

http://modelarchives.free.fr/reportages/Pa...PANDA_Av32.html

and saw the following for new releases in 1/32:

B-17F and G kits

J-10

F/A-18

P-47 Razorback and Bubbletop

P-51D and P-51D (beginning of the series....-5 perhaps?)

TBF-1C

Now that is all exciting news, The B-17 kits sound incredible if they do happen. What concerns me though is the P-47 and P-51 kits and the term "Doublon" if my translator is correct, it literally means DUPLICATION. Surely these won't be re-releases of the Revell P=-47 and the Hasegawa P-51D and Revell P-51B. It will be quite a waste if they are.

They also list the 1/32 Avenger with "as announced by Trumpeter" Hope they don't change their minds.

Jim Rice

I fear your right about the revell duplication as if you click on the trumpiter link by the TBM , shows them comming out with two wildcats and corsairs! there own and a revell clone? thats what I get out of it and it kinda looks like panda and trump are working together on the TBM?

Bob.

I used an automatic translator to get this from Modelstories´ (French page) page:

"Trumpeter is a new Chinese mark which gained its "galons" the "large one" in a few years. Information comes from the French importer "Southern Models Diffusion" (which I thank here) more some "quite informed" sources. A priori all the models result from new moulds. Note however duplications of advertisements with Panda Models which suggested with some of my sources in the industry which they could be kits published in partnership between the two marks. Finally my sources drew my attention to the "teasing" i.e. announces it models for which no investment is really done. The purpose of these advertisements are only to carry out a full-scale market research and the corresponding kits will be produced only if the request is sufficient."

So, they may be really new molds in partnership with Trumpeter.

Rato