Tamiya P-51D Mustang

Daywalker

Excellent work Frank!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, glad you liked my Mustang!

Excellent, thanks Kev!

This may sound a bit silly..... but the "closer" the pics are taken the better the plane looks. ( and in photographing models it should be the other way round, no?? )  Stunning build!!!

I know what you mean, and thank you so much!  I have said a few times the past couple of days that I wish I could capture the feel of the aluminum finish on the camera, but I need to keep adjusting the settings to get it to look as it does in real life.  I will post more photos if I can figure this out. 

Hi Frank.

That looks really great. It's inspiring to me. Makes me want to get mine finished up. Love the oil streaking back on the stbd cowling. What did you use for this?

Can you contact me off board at barracudacomments@gmail.com?

Thanks!  Roy

Thank you Roy, email inbound!

Thats a real nice, nice P51 model.

Wery tastefull weathering, oilsstains and so on.

:goodjob:

Thank you Mal, glad you enjoyed it!  I look forward to trying your weathering technique on the next one.

AWESOME!!!!!!   The best Mustang I have ever seen!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Absoloutely chuffing marvellous!  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  

I have enjoyed this build so very much and the end result is just stella! The weathering, painting and finishing are just perfect. :goodjob: 

AWESOME!!!!!!   The best Mustang I have ever seen!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Absoloutely chuffing marvellous!  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  

I have enjoyed this build so very much and the end result is just stella! The weathering, painting and finishing are just perfect. :goodjob: 

Cheers Darren, thanks so much!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this kit, especially after enduring through that Dragon kit you did!  This one is going to just that much better when you get to it.

Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Fantastic Mustang, Frank. The finish looks excellent, :goodjob:

Thank you Maurice, much appreciated!

Looks outstanding Frank! Great weathering. Very, very nice job! :)

Cheers John, and thank you!  Already, I am eager to do another of these as soon as the Corsair is finished.  That is, of course, unless Tamiya release another Corsair variant soon. :fight:

that is hands down the best P51 I have ever seen Frank - simply stunning. I do believe your last 109 was the best of those I have ever seen too - you clearly are a master of your art

I just wish I could log into a surveillance cam on your bench to see how you get such incredible results.... :ninja:

..can't wait for the next..

Peter

that is hands down the best P51 I have ever seen Frank - simply stunning. I do believe your last 109 was the best of those I have ever seen too - you clearly are a master of your art

I just wish I could log into a surveillance cam on your bench to see how you get such incredible results.... :ninja:

..can't wait for the next..

Peter

Cheers Peter, you are WAY too kind!  Your sentiments made me day this morning, and I cannot thank you enough for that.  This Mustang kit is so good that it allows builders to scratch build as much as they want to add, but OOB it is an amazing piece of kit.  I would LOVE to see you work your magic on one of these!  As far as a surveillance cam, I have often thought the exact same thing while watching your awe-inspiring Sea Fury build.  I have used that thread numerous times to show people the absolute ultimate in detailing.  Too bad we live so far apart, otherwise we could meet up and share techniques!

I agree whole heartedly..

:thumbsup:

Thank you Maru, so wonderful of you to say!