Hawker Typhoon 1:24 scale

Ripaman

Happy Easter to you from Carmel and I Richard

That looks great!  what glue are you using for the PE? since the CA bothers you so much?

Oh, by the way regarding that,  I have a new full face covering painting mask and filter I am going to give you to try with that CA.  it's never been worn. I should have thought about that last time you were over.  I may run it over to the house tomorrow it I get a chance.  Will let you know

Ron

Excellent job my friend ! Very precise work. What did you use for the wire bundles at the front of the engine ?.........Harv  :popcorn:

Superb work Richard - *very* inspirational!

Iain

Thanks very much Ian, I find your builds very inspirational as well, love you Spitfire.

Happy Easter to you from Carmel and I Richard

That looks great!  what glue are you using for the PE? since the CA bothers you so much?

Oh, by the way regarding that,  I have a new full face covering painting mask and filter I am going to give you to try with that CA.  it's never been worn. I should have thought about that last time you were over.  I may run it over to the house tomorrow it I get a chance.  Will let you know

Ron

Hi Ron, internet has been down :doh: , so better late than never, Happy Easter from Joanne and I, hope you had a good Turkey or ham, we did, we have our Granson here for the week  :yahoo:

Regarding CA glue, did use too glue the guns etc, used my Paint mask, safety glasses over my glasses, fan blowing right behind me and door open, still had issueshad flu type sytems for the next 4 days  :crying: not sure what I am going to do with the Canso  :(

Would love to try that one full face mask, because I think the fumes go into my eyes, very much appreciated, just let me know when you want to come over.

Regards

Richard 

Really nice.  Love those currigated hoses.  Do you have a source?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark,

The ducting I made myself with bending .3mm wire around a .8mm tube

IMG_6766_zpsbhlefclw.jpg[/url]

Then use 1/16" shrink tube from an electrical shop, slide it over, then removed from the tube

IMG_6769_zps50vpcm46.jpg[/url]

Used a candle and as I was heating it I stretched it, first attemped went to much opps, then got better at it.

IMG_6770_zpslh37rxl4.jpg[/url]

IMG_6771_zpsgljkg0su.jpg[/url]

Got this idea from a package I bought from Hiroboy called air duct hose, but this package came after I tried.

IMG_6774_zpsogma7fht.jpg[/url] 

Excellent job my friend ! Very precise work. What did you use for the wire bundles at the front of the engine ?.........Harv  :popcorn:

Thanks Harvey, very nice talking to you on the phone, cant wait to meet you at the Bomber camp  :m0152:

You ask what wire bundle I used it was 2mm Braided hose from Detail Master

IMG_6773_zpsyqs4gst2.jpg[/url]

Hope that helps,

Regards

Richard

Hi Mark,

The ducting I made myself with bending .3mm wire around a .8mm tube

IMG_6766_zpsbhlefclw.jpg[/url]

Then use 1/16" shrink tube from an electrical shop, slide it over, then removed from the tube

IMG_6769_zps50vpcm46.jpg[/url]

Used a candle and as I was heating it I stretched it, first attemped went to much opps, then got better at it.

IMG_6770_zpslh37rxl4.jpg[/url]

IMG_6771_zpsgljkg0su.jpg[/url]

Got this idea from a package I bought from Hiroboy called air duct hose, but this package came after I tried.

IMG_6774_zpsogma7fht.jpg[/url] 

Thanks Harvey, very nice talking to you on the phone, cant wait to meet you at the Bomber camp  :m0152:

You ask what wire bundle I used it was 2mm Braided hose from Detail Master

IMG_6773_zpsyqs4gst2.jpg[/url]

Hope that helps,

Regards

Richard

I have looked at their site and have lots of goodies !. And yes a very pleasant call.....Harv  :popcorn:

• 1 month later...

Richard

Looking simply fantastic and thank you for the how to.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

It is a very easy way of making ducting, the nice thing is that you can make any size you want.

This is really a stunning build and super modelling.

I can't wait to get one of these kits.

Keep up the great work.

Hi Joe, it is a super kit, it just needs alot of clean up which I dont mine doing.

I have looked at their site and have lots of goodies !. And yes a very pleasant call.....Harv  :popcorn:

I Harv, hope you had a great time at Bomber Camp, it was such a shame i had to cancel at the last minute.

Anyway have been doing some small changes to the gun bays, Airfix put the gun rear mount in the wrong place so I cut them of and made four as per a drawing I have, just a few more things to add and I will call them done.

IMG_6818_zpshkldtfzf.jpg[/url]

IMG_6817_zpsavghcuyz.jpg[/url]

IMG_6819_zpsxvbcyzmv.jpg[/url]

IMG_6816_zpsw3lskkx3.jpg[/url]

Got to thank Harold from Grey Matter for sending me some new wheels and a few other items, these wheels are great, thank you very much Harold

IMG_6788_zpsvilv4qya.jpg[/url]

IMG_6789_zpscmsmfbr0.jpg[/url]

Until next time

Regards

Richard

Edited by Ripaman

Richard, it was worth every penny ! And the build is coming along fantastic ! I'll try and give you a call soon......Harv :popcorn:

• 2 months later...

Richard, it was worth every penny ! And the build is coming along fantastic ! I'll try and give you a call soon......Harv :popcorn:

Hi Harvey, glad you had a good time, well it looks like we are going to meet this Fall at the model show, will look forward to this, then we can have some  :beer4: together.

Richard. ...

I know that you probably have gotten many projects on the go...but jyst caught up with this

since I last came.

truly FLAWLESS and masterful work. .

it really impresses ME watching your very detailed work.

You are a phenomenal modeler...

:thumbsup:

The workmanship is quite exacting to a standard that WE minions

strive to achieve. ...*of course no matter how many years it takes I will still be a novice compared to you.*

OUTSTANDING work. ...Please do come back to this when you get the other things done....which I am off to see..

Kudos :worship:

Maru you have such a way with words my friend, thank you it is very kind of you to say.

Great work!

I am so impressed with your solutions for the ducting and other details. Fantastic!

:goodjob:

Hi Don, do love the detail, I think having the Matador with Coles Crane taking out the engine will look petty good.

Regards

Richard

• 2 weeks later...