More Macchi Mismatch

MikeMaben

...I ran into this awhile back when dryfitting the landing gear after having shortened the oleo.

As you can see the forks are supposed to be parallel and practically flush with the side of the wheel.

The red arrow points to a shoulder at the axle pegs molded in the kit part that shouldn't be there (I shaved them off completely).

I have inserted a fifty thousands (0.05 inch = 0.127 centimeter) spacer in the gap but then had to re-create

the round step molded on top of the fork where the strut attaches.

Here are two pics for comparison:

Macchi_Mc.jpg 200fork.jpg

The model wheel and tire look wider in the pics than the real thing, but actually scales out very close to the Ali D'Italia drawings. I had a hard time getting a straight on shot but you get the picture.

Mike

a

b

e

n

...hmmmmm...this is getting quite fiddly :)

Hi Mike!

I had the same issues with mine. :angry:

I sanded down the hubs as thin as I could go and cracked the tires in half again and sanded down each half... I got it close, but the gear forks are still slightly splayed.

After looking at the kit parts, (I have a second kit), I think I'd also sand off the little locator knobbies on the inside of the gear forks. That may get you another 1 or 2mm...

-randy

Yo, glad to hear you had the same problem Randy :D , I thot maybe it was just me.

...yeah, I did shave off those little nubs too, I have drilled holes in the forks and plan

to insert a solid axle thru the forks and wheel.

M

M

...stay tuned...