My 1/32 Hayate

Guest canuck63

Santa bought you a digi camera.... :D

Lovely work. Your NMF looks really great to me. I especially liked the orange/yellow and the shades/washes that are on it. I just hope mine looks like that when it is finished.

thanks for posting your work... :(

cheers Matt

Guest canuck63
Santa bought you a digi camera.... :(

Lovely work. Your NMF looks really great to me. I especially liked the orange/yellow and the shades/washes that are on it. I just hope mine looks like that when it is finished.

thanks for posting your work... :(

cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

thanks a lot for your comment bud...to be perfectly honest I always had a digicam...but was damn lazy any time it came to "dislodge" the computer to plug the lead in the USB :D !

Alclad has many pluses to it,one being the fact that you can mix shades...darken or lighten panels up with transparent medium(Alclad own Transparent medium is GREAT!) with a ferw drops of transparents colors or inks added.

Cheers

Manny

finish that sucker off! this modell will not beat you!

the nmf finish came out very nice. you mention not to put anything above alklad polished aluminium. what do you mean with that. no other paint coat cause it would easily chip, or does the aluminium chip when you put another coat of it.

what kind of primer did you use? how long did it dry? did alklad get little scratches and the surface broke up? you mentioned tests and experiments. have you found a primer where this doesnt matter?

you see... many many questions.

i really like the paintcheme and am hoping to see this one finished soon. and a construciton report about the highly detailed plane later this year.

the only thing i do not like that much, is the chipping inside the cockpit. especially on the walls itselve. on these spots it seems to be a bit overdone. though it looks very nice and is absolutely masterfully painted.

the tire looks absolutely real. fantastic!

cheers klaus

Guest canuck63
;) :D That looks excelent! Very nice weathering, i like it a lot! I think i should send you my Mustang one day, to do the NMF :(

Great stuff!

Chris

Vielen Dank Chris!

I hope I'll be able to "patch" up the many faults and post the finished "Gale" soon!Alclad is GREAT but you definitely have to get the knack to obtain nice results.AFAIC it's the best product to replicate a NMF...I've never tried adesive foil,which I know it's even superior, but I doubt I'll ever do that...it's very tricky and I'm not that patient! :(

MfG

Manny

P.S.;'Stangs and Logs look GREAT in NMF! :(

Guest canuck63
finish that sucker off! this modell will not beat you!

the nmf finish came out very nice. you mention not to put anything above alklad polished aluminium. what do you mean with that. no other paint coat cause it would easily chip, or does the aluminium chip when you put another coat of it.

what kind of primer did you use? how long did it dry? did alklad get little scratches and the surface broke up? you mentioned tests and experiments. have you found a primer where this doesnt matter?

you see... many many questions.

i really like the paintcheme and am hoping to see this one finished soon. and a construciton report about the highly detailed plane later this year.

the only thing i do not like that much, is the chipping inside the cockpit. especially on the walls itselve. on these spots it seems to be a bit overdone. though it looks very nice and is absolutely masterfully painted.

cheers klaus

Servus Klaus,

thank you very much for your comment! :)

first off you're perfectly right when you say that the chipping inside the 'pit looks overdone....but it's only due to the light....it's not so evident in the flesh!

If you put anything of Alclad Polished Aliuminum, Chrome or Stainless steel( they look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING oif applied on a PERFECTLT smooth and gloss primed surface though!) it will never adere to them,or, at least,that's what's happened to me,ans I've painted the hinomaru on the left side of the fuselage at least ten times,and each time I CA-RE-FUL-LY removed up the frisket stencil used for the meatball the layer of Duraluminum(I finished the rear part of the fuselage in Polished aluminum in the first place!) would have lifted up :( ,hence gray primer(which wouldn't adere to polished aluminum too :angry: !) and a new coat!

I've primed the aircraft in Alclad laquer primer(gray),but I've used Humbrol matt black on the undersurface and I must admit it worked just as well!Alclad primer will be dry in a few minutes and you can start polishing it in half a hour or so,but the Humbrol enamel would require at least 24 hours!Hasegawa plastic is very soft and would be "attacked" by the laquer-based Alclad metal paints,not to mention the fact thjat they usually DON'T adere over bare,un-primed plastic...but I've given a spare lower wing from a Tamiya 1/32 Zero a coat of Alclad white aluminum without any primer before and it has adered like hell and it won't even scratch :D !

Like any other metal cote, the surface you're going to apply it must be as smooth as possible,or else even the slightest scratch will stick out like a sore thumb :angry: !

HTH

Manny

Guest canuck63
Looks fine to me Manny. Was the hinomaru color lacquer, enamel or acrylic ?

M

M

...model on with it  :)

Thanks Mike,

I've just started working onit and I hope it'll be finished soon!For the Hinomarus I've used plain Humbrol Matt 60 buffed with toilet paper(yes..you're a-reading well ;) )and Micromesh 12000 and then covered with Alclad transparent medium...it gives the "Meatballs" a different,slightly duller shade of red which will be enhanced later on when a heavy slurry made with Mig pigments and windscreen liquid will be liberally applied to the whole plane and wiped away when dry with several dozens of hundreds of thousands of millions of tissues(the stuff is great but it's a ***** to clean :D ) only to tenaciously remain inside every nook,cranny,rivet and panel line!Be sure to seal the Alclad finish before doing that because it wil be attacked by the windscreen liquid and the painted insigna will change in color never to be cleaned again...ask me how I know :( !

Further.........I've repainted this model three times due to the problems I've had(my fault every time....not Alclad's!) and I've discovered that Gunze's Mr. Color Thinner 400 works wonders....it will remove any paint (including Alclad laquer primer!)and will leave the plastic as clean as the Board of Health and, more important,it won't harm it!

Cheers

Manny

Guest canuck63
Very cool model man! Neatly done and effective. I would be over the moon if it were mine. ;)

Dank je vel Piet :) !

Manny, this is a truly outstanding model I reckon mate! That metal finish is superb, as is your paint chipping on the anti glare panel. Weathering is just right too.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Ango.