1/24 109G6

DrDave

Well I have decided that the next job will be Trumpeters 109G6 early, done in an Italian scheme.

I have built sub assemblies and I'm using the Verlinden cockpit. I will post some snaps when I get chance.

Send in those 109 tips. Some colour office photos would be handy..

Cheers

Dave

Hehe...this is Daves 109 GV :D B)

I am planning a 1/24 Ju87 in Hungarian markings though :D ...all those frenchie builds have such purdy tails. The Hungarian scheme does as well

We're all keen to see it Dave :D

cheers lads Matty

The moulded cockpit sides in the kit have been filed off with a Dremel. The panel is etched brass.

Had a bot of a disaster and lost 3 Yes 3 of the exhausts!

I will uses those out of my other kit, but I don't suppose anyone has any spares in 1/24??

Heres hoping!

post-4-1140297731.jpg

Crikey I dont know what's happened to my typing! You wouldn't believe I was English re-reading this!

I wanted to get more done today, but I had to go into work in a hurry to drill a bolt into a chap's skull.... Interesting weekend I've had.

Jay I got the MAI today. Nice Albatros. Theres a 1/8 SE5 on eBAy that is calling me........

Cheers

Dave

I have the Contact Resine tail and prop too. I will post photos when I fit them as they are really nice, although the rudder doesn't look any different in shape to the kit part.........Still it wouldnt be a hobby if it didnt make you feel guilty about wasting money would it?

Wheres my wine?

Ah found it!

Cheers

Dave

Theres a 1/8 SE5 on eBAy that is calling me........

I saw that...I think the Fokker that was on last week got withdrawn as it was not pulling huge bucks.

Good work so far Dave. I've got that Verlinden kit on the way and it looks like I'm going to be mighty happy.

I'm not sure how accurate you want to build the Italian machine but there are a fair few differences between G2 and G6. The Verlinden kit nails the firewall/ammo bin areas for a G2...but massively different on a G6. I can email you piccies if you like.

Nice weathering as well. ;)

cheers Matty