Hawk 75 conversion

bsarnoffca

Thanks Jim and Tim,

The Cutting Edge parts are made very well but I agree the instructions are prettty thin. When I started I had a feeling that the fit was going to be tricky so I was very careful to test everything. Even so I still had to make adjustments and fill in gaps. I do agree that it's worth the trouble and I think it will build up well. I"m using an Engine & Things R1830-86 for a wildcat but with some mods it's working fine as a R1830 SC3-G . In the past I've been critical of their kits but this one isn't bad. Looking forward to your Mohawk.

I see what you mean about the camera...its the acid test on the macro mate...you're brave. Luckily mine is not even remotely capable of such closeups :)

All the work looks great. Are the placards standard? They make a huge 'interest' difference to any pit I reckon.

Its all coming together very nicely. Great photography as well.

Cheers Matt

the placards are all from the Craftworks P-36 kit which I decided not to build when the Cutting Edge conversion for the trumpeter kit came out. Still, I found a lot of the Craftworks parts very useful. Yep, after looking at the photos I ripped out my weak redition of the French radio, surgically removed the radio from the extra interior of the Azur D520 kit and installed it. Much better.

We're all nuts in this business, aren't we?

Brian,

Thanks much. Your work has certainly been an ispiration for me. I've always been impressed at how you never overlook a detail. The wheel wells cetainly need more work around the lip. They should look like this;

http://users.telenet.be/Aircraftwalkaround...75-Gear-05.html

I 've also decided to create open flaps like on your Corsair...just haven't worked out the 'how" yet. The engine is coming along very well. I'll post some pics soon.