1/32 A-10 Warthog

ict

Thanks for the comments. I totally agree about the comment suggesting sharing difficulties regarding putting the kit together. So, here it comes.

Let me describe the single fitting issue I had so far. I replaced the kit cockpit with the Cutting Edge one. The problem that became apparent immediately was that the instrument panel was not flush with the Instrument Panel Coaming (see the picture below). I sent a message to Meteor Productions. The answer was, that’s it, and I have to deal with it. So, I had to modify slightly the coaming by adding a little slice of plastic to cover the gap. See the photo from the next posting. When I put the cockpit between the two halves, obviously I had to sand just a bit the instrument panel to have it flush with the coaming.

post-4-1125675141.jpg

I had the same problem with the CAM Resin cockpit set. How does the turtle deck part fit? It was horrible in mine. The whole cockpit tub didn't fit right either. I guess I was spoiled by the Legend (?) P-51D set, that thing dropped right in. Highly recommended.

The tweaks page says that the TER for the A-10 is still available (CAM 32-027), but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where it might be found?

Great job so far, by the way.

Madferret

• 1 month later...

Hey ict,

Outstanding work on the Hog! Great detailing, excellent weapons! Can't have too many Thunderbolts (originals or II's). Good to see a Warthog in progress here. Mine is still in the box, waiting for my skills to improve. Is that the Verlinden set you are using for the outside compartments? Great job!

Matty