Photo

Big Metal Birdy - Wingnut's new Steel Dove (Stahltaube)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 monthebiff

monthebiff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

Very nice.

Regards. Andy

#17 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

Mike,

Superb update(s)... engine looks very nice, and as you mentioned there is the high detail one (they also don't mention this in most of their kits, but a bit of digging most of the time ends up with the parts on the sprue). There is alot that can be done on the kit from what you have showed us, the rigging and all!

I keep going back taking a peek in the box of the Taube and reckon i will wait till you finish yours before i start on mine!

looking forward to your next update!

Karim

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW AEG G.IV White.VII (RFI/WIPWnW Fokker E.II (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros B.II (RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI) Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler (RFI) WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI)

WIP: 

Check out my blog on Smugmug                                        i-6kV8Kvp-Th.jpg

#18 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

Cheers Karim, Andy!

Here's the latest...

Did a paint test on a scrap hobbycrap NI17 wing, to compare Tamiya RLM gray (WNWs recommended field grey for the airframe) and other colors, to see what looked closest to the Tamiya color once Aviattic linen decals were applied over it.  First try was Mr Color RLM 02, and with the Aviattic German / A-H light linen applied over it, it's pretty close to the Tamiya shade. Dark Ger/A-H linen was also tested here as you'll see in the pics below.

With this in mind, I've finished treating the seams as much as I care to, and painted the wings and fuselage in the Mr Color RLM02. I'll add a bit of shading and staining before I start to apply the Aviattic linen to give it the best depth.  

Wings, landing gear, and tail are not glued in the photo below, even the large wings with small attachment points will stay connected while it's sitting on the table (note - make sure to glue as they'll come off easily if bumped!)

I don't expect I'll have much more chance to work on this before I head back to NZ for vacation next week, but I'm rather liking how it's progressing up to now!

bjA3O9J.jpg

ef5nGUB.jpg

rmbulG1.jpg

91RixCH.jpg

SW5Mb0t.jpg

• LSP_Kevin and Fooesboy like this

#19 petrov27

petrov27

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:13 AM

Wow - really lookin great - interior work is top notch!

-Patrick

#20 Maxim

Maxim

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

That looks really nice! The interior and engine look great.

#21 TimW

TimW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Loving it.    An amazing kit and work!

Tim W.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users