TWA Connie The way It Was

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

If you love Connies or commercial airline ops in the 1950's, this two part video is incredible. You'll even get a chance to see 4 course airway navigation. Great stuff.

Enjoy

Peter

Sweet!

I have a few TWA items the pilots handed out and some Connie postcards. After my uncle got done flying B-24s and dropping bombs he flew for TWA. Ironically they assigned him the same routes he flew during the war. Must have been strange. No wonder he came back and flew a lot of southwestern US routes.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Always love to sit a round and do some hanger flying and daydream about the past. Any photos you can share with us? So your uncle was really an a pilot working for Howard Hughes in those days! Neat stuff

Peter

Hey Peter,

Most of the photos I have of him were shot during the war in North Africa and Italy. I have a few combat shots from the windows of his B-24H but mostly pics of he and his crew messing around. The TWA stuff is a bit more limited but I will see about scanning what I can. My collection is mostly charts and maps as well as his log book and some TWA flight "computers". I also have his leather TWA map case. Oddly, my wife's uncle was a DC-10 captain for Viasa in the 1960's and 1970's. High times for an airline pilot who flew to Paris every week. :innocent:

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Sweet job. I never made it that far. I hold a commercial pilot's license but never made it to the airlines. Flying was always a passion and became a hobby. Love to see the photos when you have a chance.

Peter