Are we model builders or collectors

mark31

Yes i know Jack but i have now made a list off kits that will go out the stash to get cash for only buy things that i realy going to build

Planning on doing only special things and conversions :mental:

Also going to trow out the 1/48

Mark

aaah...Mark, are you sure THAT'S the plan????

I collected kits, reference books, paint, AM parts ready for my retirement as I knew that I would have a much reduced income, however that was 12 years ago and I'm still buying, must be a throwback from the days when if you saw 1/32 scale stuff you bought it as there was not much of it about.

Cheers

Dennis

Since I acquire thirty times as fast as I'm able to complete, I guess I'm sort of a collector by default, or "guardian of the stash".

I like that !......Harv

Perhaps there should be a rule to finally sort this one out!

I propose that if your over 50 years of age and you have more than two hundred large scale kits in your stash you are definitely a collector, and one day the rest of us will benefit from what remains of your wonderful collection as it'll all come onto the market again when you go to that great modelling room in the sky.

You stand zero chance of ever building them all so you might as well admit it! Yes, I'm afraid you must!!

Oh me.................well, yes, I'm a collector who builds models under those rules but I'm ok with that!

You should see my decal collection to go with them too!!!!

I love fondling the sprues and tempting myself for those next projects, of course loads of them don't make the schedule but there's always next year?

What does the panel think on this?  :popcorn: