Klinkity-Klank. Finished a Tank 23/07/17

Gazzas

Well, now I see them. Internet is an odd thing...

Looks good :speak_cool:

About clear varnishes: Yepp, most of these ones tend to darken the color. Just consider this next time and go with lighter colors and tones before varnishing the model.

Well, I add antennas and other fine stuff after all the weatherng process. I also use spring steel wire, that is more resistant to accidental bending.

OK, whats next to come? :thumbsup:

Regards

- dutik

Guest Peterpools

Gary

Well done .. super work on the weathering and build and it's great to see a nicely weathered piece of armor that isn't beat to death

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Peter,

Thank you very much for your kindness. This was a big jump in weathering for me, and I was very much aware of overdoing it. There seems to be a growing trend in armor builds modeling destroyed vehicles. Not my thing for sure, as I would always prefer to show operational and well respected gear.

Gaz

There is certainly room for improvements, but it is hard to say what that would be. I mean; how many quality color wartime photos of panzers do we have? What I 'think'is realistic, and which I like, is that you can still see the camo under the weathering. It is so often a race to the bottom in that area. Less is more and has always been, but people forget.

Next time try add crew figures. Paint them first. I think it would help you get a feel for the weathering using them as help.

Gary,

Congrats on finishing your 1st armored piece.  Anyone who doesn't know that this is your 1st Armor build, would just assume that it's done by a more experienced builder. It came out that good.  I've got 10  pcs of American Armor in display cases, and yours is easily the equal to any of them. 

Your overall weathering isn't over done as so many armor modelers fancy these days. As Pete has often said, if it's a display piece, they should go easy on the weathering as there is a point where it starts to detract from the finished build, but in a diorama, the weathering is dictated by the subject. Your weathering really fits perfectly into our preference for a display presentation piece. It's not heavy handed, yet one easily gets the sense of it depicting an operational tank. 

I'm also pretty sure that you set a new standard in outdoor model photography when you used your grill as a flat black stand. Nicely done. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Hardcore,

Thank you very much!  I appreciate your input.  I'm quite weak in figure painting, and I'm not overly motivated to do it when companies like Dragon put out a great model but don't even grace it with one figure.  Tamiya always gives you at least one, though he may often not be as tall.

Gaz