Hasegawa 1/32 Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai (Shiden Kai no Maki)

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

K2 has a review of the anime boxing of Hasegawa's George kit for us:

Hasegawa 64735: 1/32 Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai (Shiden Kai no Maki)

1844-9.jpg

Thanks, Kevin!

Thanks to HobbyLink Japan for the review sample. This kit can be purchased from them at the following link (which helps us!):

1/32 Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai (Shiden Kai no Maki)

Kev

The comments under the photos of Bunny Girl pretty much align with my feelings regarding the genre. I grew up reading Science Fiction and Fantasy when it was stilled aimed mostly at a more adult audience with the artwork by folks like Frank Frazetta, Michael Whelan, Boris, and Kelly Freas. It's hard to imagine most people over the age of 15 being being engaged by school girl anime, but they are. Knowing what I know of Japanese pop culture, I understand a segment get off on that look as softcore pron, but it's a little more taboo over here so a grown man viewing this type of show would probably attract a little more attention from friends and neighbors.

Personally, I'm not in to the "oversized-eyeball , elven-faced, sexualized schoolgirl" motif; I'm more in to petite brunettes with dark tans and classic proportions who are actually women of legal age.

Plus, I don't think my wife would like me having another female in the house to stare at.

It's not for everybody, that's for sure, but the George in the box is just a killer kit. I've already tentatively settled on a scheme, jut have to chase down some AM decals to make it happen.

This kind of upsets me. Everyone is making a 109. This aircraft was far superior to a 109. It was equal to a Hellcat. If not better.

Here is a great interview with an ace who shot down B29's in this outstanding aircraft.

After just picking one of the Has versions for a song, Im really looking forward to getting it. $37 shipped to my door is a steal. Im really looking forward to making a 1/32nd version of Shawn's 1/24th George 5th prototype.

I think I still even have the paint mask I used to cut Shawn's tail code that I can resize to 32nd! 

its a fascinating plane, just wish there were more schemes available for it

That's true. With the exception of a few stripes here and there and the odd kill marked plane, variety is practically non-existent. Still, for someone that desires a chipped up Japanese plane, it's a great candidate.