WNW SE-5a

LSP_Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, I am nearing the finish line. I can't speak highly enough about this kit. It's a perfect starter kit for a newbie like me to ww1 bips and certainly a near guarantee to end up a completed model that looks great. If I were to rate this kit out of 10, it's a 10....

You don't need six hands to mount the upper wing, the locating tabs for all the struts fit very tight in their mounts and give no margin for error in alignment. Mounting it was a breeze. All the decals reacted perfectly to Micro sol and set. I weathered it with a little wash and some Tamiya weathering pastels.

I used 4lb fishing line for rigging. Very strong stuff. I also found it a breeze to rig taking about four hours in two evenings (and believe it or not, no Scotch required!). The rigging locator holes are well defined. I took my time and drilled each of these holes completely through. With a little pre-planning on the order of rigging it was a breeze to do. I used a needle with the eye half ground away (making a tinny V) as an applicator for thin instant glue. Worked like a charm. I then cut off all the whiskers and filled the holes with white glue. I still have to touch these up with base color.

Still have to add the little bits and this one is done.

thanks for looking

P6140001.jpg

P6140002.jpg

P6140003.jpg

P6140004.jpg

This cat now has some whiskers!

P6140005.jpg

P6160006.jpg

P6160007.jpg

P6160008.jpg

Indeed looks beautiful Rob

Seeing all these WNW they realy are great kits I just open a box from time to time and look at the sprue's just for the detail's

Johan

:doh:

I really love it, Ron!! Top notch all the way around. I may actually have to get one of these WnW kits one day.

I'll get your pics into the gallery.

Congrats on another fantastic build! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. I really really enjoyed this build. It was a nice change. I started a Tamiya Lanc this week but I am not sure that project will be completed right away.... I have to two more WNW kits staring me in the face each time I go to the hobby room. An Albatross DV and Bristol fighter.........very tempting.

I may have to order a few more like the Pup and Junkers :doh: