P-61B Black Widow Hobby Boss

Pfuf

[/url]">http://cabinax_zps82d5b4eb.jpg

Here you go Derek & Johan P-61A / YP-61. What I told Johan was from diagrams out of Northrop P-61 Black Widow & F-15 Reporter by MBI From Czech Republic.

Also Johan Take some Kleenex / tissue set it on Wax Paper. Also take some PVA / White Glue and thin it down with water and you may add a little water color to the mix. You want it thin like paint!! Now all you do is brush it on the Tissue and let it sit till dry. Then you may want to repaint it or just cut out the size you need to use. Then attach it in place with white glue or Cyanoacrylate glue

Hope this option helps Cheers

[/url]">http://cabinax_zps82d5b4eb.jpg

Here you go Derek & Johan P-61A / YP-61. What I told Johan was from diagrams out of Northrop P-61 Black Widow & F-15 Reporter by MBI From Czech Republic.

Also Johan Take some Kleenex / tissue set it on Wax Paper. Also take some PVA / White Glue and thin it down with water and you may add a little water color to the mix. You want it thin like paint!! Now all you do is brush it on the Tissue and let it sit till dry. Then you may want to repaint it or just cut out the size you need to use. Then attach it in place with white glue or Cyanoacrylate glue

Hope this option helps Cheers

Thanks Vandy - Great tip on the cloth cover. The cockpit photograph is (as I suspected) the prototype XP-61 Black Widow, not a YP-61 or P-61A cockpit.

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

• 4 weeks later...

Hi thx Derek and all for the info.

A little update very busy on my work and almost finished bf 109 duo keeps me of making more progress.
Just to do something easy I started to do the drop tanks they have this spine that is way to thick so using a file to make it much thinner about 0.4mm.
on the left you see the first one glued on the right the out of the box thick wall.
SAM_0193_zpsb3772ebb.jpg
I dont use this file only for plastic it keeps it sharp I have one in the same size that is a finer grade.
I have to pay attention not to scour to muche on some spots so I use a small file to get it even thickness.
SAM_0195_zps0168c0e3.jpg
Have fun
Johan bos

Nice work on the tanks there Johan - I will simply rub on half of the tank (with the ridge) down on a flat sheet of wet and dry sanding paper to achieve the same result.

Cheers

Derek

Thx for the photos I am very busy with a little project for us modellers hope to get it all going in the nex 2 monhts.

I just made the second gunner seat and nose wheel assembly oppend up the front wheel a bit more work hehe.

I have the Cat from Imgur dont have the link but you can copy this one.

A real funsite to wake up to.

http://imgur.com/?original

Johan

• 4 months later...
Hi I made some progress because of my very busy job I have little time so working on the P 61 cockpit is something I can do in the the little time left in the evening.

The cockpit is now on my desing model base testing it and it makes live very easy hope to let the final part made next week for review samples so more about that later.

It takes some time the seatbelts but they look great nly need to ad the little straps they are from HGW.
The back rest on the gunner and not seen now of the radio operator are home made pretty happy about the result.
The added pipes are from lead wire they need to be painted Green I think and bought the airscale placard to ad even more detail painted the fire extinguisher red maybe it was green but I just like a bit of color hehe.
Here some photos
SAM_0612_zpsbe061043.jpg
SAM_0608_zps20a78713.jpg
SAM_0607_zpsc75ecd53.jpg
SAM_0605_zps91cfc405.jpg
SAM_0604_zps8635de4d.jpg

Have fun

Johan bos