HPH Tigercat ?

Guest Peterpools

Well, Eric "Winkle" Brown flew both of them ...

Anyone has his comments ?

Hubert

PS Edit: maybe a more appropriate comparison would be between the DH Hornet and the Tigercat. And here I know the answer: Winkle said the Hornet was the best piston-engined fighter he ever flew.

Edited by MostlyRacers

Guest Peterpools

Sure seems as if there isn't any update on a release date .. Rats!

I've waited this long, a few more months surely isn't going to hurt.

Peter

Sure seems as if there isn't any update on a release date .. Rats!

I've waited this long, a few more months surely isn't going to hurt.

Peter

Yeah Peter, in the scheme of things, I guess a while longer is not going to make any diff, but it sure doesnt make me want it any less!    :lol: 

Bro,

If anyone knows how much you want one, it's me. I've lost track of the number of years you've been talking about one, and then that HK was finally bringing one out. I just may join you, if it doesn't break the bank.

Joel

A good friend of mine's father flew everything from the N3N to the F-8, and he says the F7F was his favorite of all of them.  Like flying a pair of Bearcats in formation.  He said NOBODY could catch you unless they were in a jet, and that it was the sweetest flying machine he ever flew.

I visited Bill Turner (the guy who had all those racer replicas, including the DH Comet (though he got someone else to foot the bill).  He was a Navy pilot at the end of WWII, and flew all sorts of stuff.  I asked him if he had a favorite airplane, and said that I knew it was one of those impossible questions.  But he said something like, "Nope, no problem at all- the Tigercat!"

this is where greed kicks in - I want one to sit next to my 1/24 one :)

I had a very small part in helping this kit happen so will have to check in with the chaps to see if I can squeeze any news from them :ninja:

Peter

There's no hint of it anywhere on their site or facebook page.

Has it been murdered ??

:shrug:

• 4 months later...