56 squadron Typhoon 1B (Revell)

mozart

Thank you Martin for that excellent selection of photographs, very useful indeed. What I find somewhat incomprehensible is that Revell went to the trouble of trying to represent the weld on each exhaust stack yet get the overall shape of each exhaust stack wrong! :( Looks like I'll have to live with the circular exhausts, whilst I can find corrected ones in 1/48th scale nothing is available in 1/32nd. It is what it is!

Max

Edited by mozart

Thank you Martin for that excellent selection of photographs, very useful indeed. What I find somewhat incomprehensible is that Revell went to the trouble of trying to represent the weld on each exhaust stack yet get the overall shape of each exhaust stack wrong! :( Looks like I'll have to live with the circular exhausts, whilst I can find corrected ones in 1/48th scale nothing is available in 1/32nd. It is what it is!

Max

Hi Max, have a look here http://www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk/mall/departmentpage.cfm/ModelDesignConstruction/_54286/3/Details%2520%2526%2520Conversions

Cheers

Dennis

Well done Dennis, saved the day!!! :) ........but I've just ended up spending £66.00 on Typhoon related bits!! :(  My OOB build has gone flying OOW....out of the window!
Max

Edited by mozart

Well done Dennis, saved the day!!! :) ........but I've just ended up spending £66.00 on Typhoon related bits!! :(  My OOB build has gone flying OOW....out of the window!

Max

That's a very dangerous to the wallet website, while I was there I spotted some parts for my Revell Spitfire.

Cheers

Dennis

That's a very dangerous to the wallet website, while I was there I spotted some parts for my Revell Spitfire.

Cheers

Dennis

Top pics show US*A without the reinforcing strips on the tail- A super early Tiffie, then, no?

edit- Whoops, I meant to quote Martin's thread, not Dennis'...sorry.

Edited by Lee White

Cheers

Dennis

Actually, now is a good time to buy MDC if you're in the US. I just ordered their Rufe conversion.