• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

Just noticed this while picking up some engine sprues - The Albatros D.V / D.Va trio kit is available for preorder direct from WNW on their webstore https://shop.wingnutwings.com/

• Rick Griewski, Martinnfb, harvey and 4 others like this

#2 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 19,657 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:41 PM

How does PO work with WnW, do you pay up front first?

#3 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

Yes money when ordering.

I just asked Dave and he said that the kits are in stock and will ship on Monday (global release date) - so none of that Weta mess with the Camel kits where the kits weren't in stock until weeks after the retailers had theirs to ship! Thank god WNW is selling kits directly again

• CANicoll likes this

#4 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,969 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

That's awesome, actually! 189.00 for three Albies is one heck of a good deal!
I think we can all restock our stash now. Plenty new Albie build threads on the horizon?
  • Rick Griewski and harvey like this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#5 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

Way ahead of you- got four on the way. One from WNW and three from section8 hobbies.

Between the kit decals and the sheets from Pheon and FCM (plus the original D.V release) there are about 30 Jasta 5 Albatrose, and that's not even counting the D.IIIs using Roden's kit.

• harvey and Clunkmeister like this

#6 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,969 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

I'm gonna have to load up on red tail striping

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#7 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

Do it! Pheons just rereleased the stripe decals in single and triple sets. Would be nice to have a vinyl mask (hint hint people!)

#8 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 19,657 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

I think when it comes time for me to buy the trilogy (and I WILL be, as I think that roughly $63 USD is a great price for each WnW kit) I think Im going to try my hand at using the new Tamiya compound curve tape I bought for the red tail striping. That stuff if AMAZING. Its ability to go around curves is quite astounding. 

• CANicoll likes this

#9 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

"Move on, there's nothing to see here." :innocent:

• Out2gtcha likes this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#10 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

I used the 2mm tamiya curve tape when doing the J5 tail striping on my Pfalz. Works like a charm. 

• Out2gtcha likes this

#11 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 19,657 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

I used the 2mm tamiya curve tape when doing the J5 tail striping on my Pfalz. Works like a charm. 

Yep, zactly what Im plannin on! 

#12 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

WNW website says shipping 24th July? Unfortunately, no year given.

Hannants has them showing at £179.99. I pre-ordered ordered two, so £161.99 including free delivery.

£323.98 for six Albies is an utter bargain, considering how much single boxings go for. £54 each, including VAT & delivery - I think WNW may have mispriced these a little low?

Twelve pages of decals for a choice of eleven schemes!! Eleven! All pretty damn cool, as was the Germans want during WWI.

All in the one box as well, freeing up storage space for a couple of the upcoming Taube. And that's just what we know to expect, I'm sure WNW will quietly, with a minimum of fuss and fanfare, drop a couple of single seaters and a twin seater fairly soon as well.

DH.4? Curtiss Jenny? Nieuport? SPAD? BE.2(a/b/c/d/e/BE.12)? Caudron G.4/C.23? Sopwith Dolphin? Fokker Dr.I? Early Albatros? Fokker D.VIII? Breguet BR. XIV? Ago C.II? Rumpler B.I? Voisin V? Blackburn Kangaroo? Farman Short/Long- Horn? Short 184? Sopwith 1& 1/2 Strutter? Sopwith Dolphin? SPAD S.A. (for a laugh)? Hansa-Brandenburg W.18? Lohner L? Caproni Ca.1/3? Macchi M5?

I've given this some thought!

• Out2gtcha and Tnarg like this

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

#13 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 19,657 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

WNW website says shipping 24th July? Unfortunately, no year given.

Hannants has them showing at £179.99. I pre-ordered ordered two, so £161.99 including free delivery.

£323.98 for six Albies is an utter bargain, considering how much single boxings go for. £54 each, including VAT & delivery - I think WNW may have mispriced these a little low?

Its funny, if you look on the WnW site, they have it for $189.00/£145.00.   Either way that is indeed a super bargain IMHO.    Roughly $63 for a WnW Albie?!??     Thats a hell-of-a-deal

Edited by Out2gtcha, 17 July 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#14 Rick Griewski

Rick Griewski

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Its a GO Houston. Great deal indeed.

Rick
  • Out2gtcha likes this

#15 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Its funny, if you look on the WnW site, they have it for $189.00/£145.00.   Either way that is indeed a super bargain IMHO.    Roughly $63 for a WnW Albie?!??     Thats a hell-of-a-deal

£145, plus 20% VAT = £174 + £20 delivery = £194.

• Out2gtcha likes this

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users