TAC Scale Dynamics 1/32 Mig-15 bis

Guest Martinnfb

this seems to be a decent set that may have a substantial value (for Trumpeter kit builders) since Faggot and Falco are covered with covers :), I picked up a set of resin wheels as well...

2_1400915864.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Thank You for he kind words Mike, I have to admit I've been quite careless , this kit needs lots of sanding and polishing, wings are twisted. And ever since the HpH superior Mig-15 release, there is no reason to play nice :).

There is no need to stress about the openings , your baby is turning out nicely . I am looking forward to your progress,I may even copy the gun section of your model :).\

Cheers

M.

Guest Peterpools

Martin

I feel the same way when doing endless hours for filling, sanding and scribing ... did I forget to mention riveting?

Oh what fun

Peter

Wow Martin this does not look easy!

You are doing a great job!

Keep up the great work!! Watching with interest.

Teresa

Thank You for stopping by Teresa. It is a little challenging task due the lack of skill. I am learning slowly how to handle superglue and resin.

The silver base coat did not stick in , of course Martin forgot to wipe down the release agent. Live and learn. Still much less work then Trumpeters kitzillas. (17, 15)

Ok Martin, we need our Mig Update!  Hope all is going well, looking forward to more progress!

Paul 

yup, I we been plucking away, just not enough time to take the pictures, perhaps tonight. I cut out the lending light , add a light bulb fill it with epoxy gooey and polished it , then add the trialing edge extension to the trailing edge of the main wings and tail and cut the slots to the wings in order to install wing fences. I know it doesn't sound like much , but I am dealing with almost bare resin full of bubbles and HpH set the bar way too high :)

Martin

I feel the same way when doing endless hours for filling, sanding and scribing ... did I forget to mention riveting?

Oh what fun

Peter

Thanks Peter, it feels like forever. I am still in limbo in terms of riveting or just basic panel fix-scribing :), I may go all camouflage and at some point to get HpH kit for Aluminum bird in CS colors, we shall see.

and before I forget " the eagle has landed",,,,,some of it under the table :)

faggot%20016_zpstt4amyrb.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Little help is asleep so I can upload some pictures as promised :).

here is TAC canopy, beautifully shaped,

unfortunately full of bubbles and scratches

faggot20020_zps1yrhpptr.jpg

Her sister from squadron will take the gold

faggot%20021_zpsegfwhoxf.jpg

naturally it will take a bit of persuasion to fit her in

faggot%20022_zps6yzl7cs8.jpg

wing fences in place, for comparison there is an original resin piece in stand by mode :)

faggot%20017_zpscuizegmi.jpg

wheel set from PM (resin), what a drastic difference , kit parts are painted black

faggot%20024_zpslitf6vgy.jpg

faggot%20023_zpsvyqszip5.jpg

Another set I've got from PM  is perhaps the most important one,nice pile of covers for Migs, I am planning to use them as a scribing templates , well some of them.

faggot%20026_zps68a0ibmp.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Thank you Kevin, hopefully I'll be able to finish it  into a presentable form.

Another picture, somewhat tackled housings on the tail. Still needs some paint and coat of Future.

faggot%20019_zpsh73cph5v.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb