Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

• 2 weeks later...

OK, armed with my spanky new spotter brush, I've now managed to slop some paint on the IP. Not the best job I've ever done, and far from perfect, but I think I can live with it. (I'm not sure why the image is so dark, but this is the best of the three images I took)

n1k%20ip%20003_zpsbngkoffj.jpg

You do great IP's, the contract is terrific.  I've been at our local airplane museum (Udvar Hazy, part of the Smithsonian museums) looking at the IP's best as I can.  They really are not the flat black I've been painting all this time - your variations in color are spot on.  MUCH more interesting looking too as I think it is part of the 'scale effect' I think most of us are looking for.

Keep up the good work!!  

:popcorn:

Guest Peterpools

Kev

One good looking IP. As time goes by, I'm starting to drift away from dead, flat finishes and adding a bit of 'luster' hinting at the impression of metal behind the paint.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Is that IP hand painted? Looks fantastic!

Yep, just paint. I wish my hands were a bit steadier though.

You do great IP's, the contract is terrific.  I've been at our local airplane museum (Udvar Hazy, part of the Smithsonian museums) looking at the IP's best as I can.  They really are not the flat black I've been painting all this time - your variations in color are spot on.  MUCH more interesting looking too as I think it is part of the 'scale effect' I think most of us are looking for.

Keep up the good work!!  

:popcorn:

Thanks a bunch. While looking through my Aero Detail book, I noted that there were several variations of black and grays, so I decided to try and capture that look as best that I could. I think it looks OK, not great, but acceptable for me.

Kev

One good looking IP. As time goes by, I'm starting to drift away from dead, flat finishes and adding a bit of 'luster' hinting at the impression of metal behind the paint.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks, Peter. The new spotter brush helps a lot, as it holds (for now), a nice pointy tip.

That's a very nice IP, I find painting and finishing IP's very satisfying even though I cheated and used Yahu ones on my latest builds.

Cheers

Dennis

Those Yahu panels do look interesting, but since I'm working on the cheap, paint will have to do.