My thoughts are with those in Manchester tonight.

TonyT

I really don't understand this..................... life is so precious, and most of us are doing everything we can to keep going, .................... like some of you guys here, trying hard to stay with us, and then we have to deal with despicable acts of violence such as this................what possible RATIONAL reason could kids having fun do to deserve this............... i know , it isn't rational....... so when these guys kill us all off , and they win, then what??? I don't understand to what end this is going to?? I guess because I'm a rational guy...... if this is the new normal, I don't like it much, I prefer to go back to the old ways..... and yes please keep us up to date on the girl in the coma, our hearts and prayers are with everyone..... this makes me so damn mad !

Jeff

As bad as this all is, Im STILL not sure what the end game is here?  

I mean by now the terrorists should have a slight inkling that for as much chaos and horror as these events bring, NONE of the western powers that be, that these cowardly acts are aimed at, are going to give in and 

A. - stop doing what western culture does

B. - convert to another religion

Years after 9/11, they should have started to realize that even something as big as that would not change who and how we are. These can and unfortunately likely will continue, but I have 0 doubt that NO ONE, and NONE of us will give in or give up. 

As bad as this all is, Im STILL not sure what the end game is here?  

I mean by now the terrorists should have a slight inkling that for as much chaos and horror as these events bring, NONE of the western powers that be, that these cowardly acts are aimed at, are going to give in and 

A. - stop doing what western culture does

B. - convert to another religion

Years after 9/11, they should have started to realize that even something as big as that would not change who and how we are. These can and unfortunately likely will continue, but I have 0 doubt that NO ONE, and NONE of us will give in or give up. 

EXACTLY !

This is pretty much the plot from Steven King's End of Watch and Mr. Mercedes.  Crazy when fiction comes to life.

Hopefully all of those injured recover, and those who passed will find peace. No need to delve into politics, but we can and should pass along condolences to the families

Matt 

Guest Peterpools

My heart goes out to those that have perished, to those who were injured, to those who will psychologically fight the torment and evils of the attack, the all the families so deeply affected.

I know forum rules do not permit us saying how we feel beyond this barbarous act.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools