Trumpeter parts service

Kagemusha

Last week I ordered the AV-8B nose, to use for a GR.5 conversion, arrived today - though I'm still waiting on the Hobby Boss Spitfire V parts, to use to help convert the Tamiya IX into an Vb and a Vc, that I ordered a few days before.

They don't have spares for all the kits available yet, but hopefully in time.

http://part.trumpeterkit.com/

I looked up kit 02249 and sprue R and got a no longer available message. That kit was the A-6A released in 2013, but I'm hankering after a spare for my build next year - so maybe they know I'm just being naughty ?!

Tony

Ok, call me stoopid......

What do you have to put in that search box to make it work?

Tim, product code (whatsonthebox), enter, then select from the range of sprue letters offered

Tony

edited

Edited by Tony T

I looked up kit 02249 and sprue R and got a no longer available message. That kit was the A-6A released in 2013, but I'm hankering after a spare for my build next year - so maybe they know I'm just being naughty ?!

Tony

I got that when looking for some sprues I want when the service first went up, so hopefully it just means they're not in stock, but will be in time.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Meant to ask ..

I guess there was a charge for this? and you order by the sprue, not part? If so, do they do Paypal? probably not in China? but maybe in the future too?  I know a lot of folk here dont like paypal from what I've read, but its been bullet proof for me for years.

Another thought, what about our own spare parts backyard here? I know all anyone has to do is ask and someone will help if they can, but if I order say the clear parts for my Trumpy Lightning jet and only need the main canopy, it would be a shame to throw rest of the sprue in the bin.

There is not much I throw away from a built kit, just the kit boxes I suppose! and at least twice some of my spares have become useful to someone somewhere, same goes for old models too, if I chuck something I'll look for potential salvage as well.

Yes, agree. I have a set of brand new Revell Phantom II clear canopy parts - the hoods and windshield - which can go to a new home. I nearly threw them away but they must be of use to somebody?

I didn't see PayPal but, yes, you pay for the sprue (very reasonable) and postage (reasonable).

Tony