the wooden wonder 30/08

mark31

Looking great!

I'm interested to see the end result, I have had the idea to try and replicate in 1/32, the Mossie Roy Sutherland did in 1/48, the one that flew through the fireball and had a large amount of the covering burnt away.

Can't wait for the next update. :popcorn:

Edit, Modelers name corrected.

Edited by Fooesboy

Looking great!

I'm interested to see the end result, I have had the idea to try and replicate in 1/32, the Mossie Brett Green (I think it was him) did in 1/48, the one that flew through the fireball and had a large amount of the covering burnt away.

I do believe it was Roy Sutherland who built that one. He authored the Osprey book on the Mosquito, IIRC.

I just hate modellers who come here and say "look at what I've done with this plastic, I've made it look like wood" when we KNOW it's REAL WOOD!!!!!

Joking apart, this is seriously good work. It's up there with the guy who did that paper "wood laminated" propeller. Once again, the modelling bar gets raised, we've all got to work harder to catch up!

Fantastic modelling!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

This is AMAZING !..........Harv :popcorn:

ThanksHarv

Mark,

You're breaking new ground for sure. Each section is just slightly different that really makes it look that much more realistic.  :yahoo:

Joel

thank you and yes im also happy with the difrence

Looking great!

I'm interested to see the end result, I have had the idea to try and replicate in 1/32, the Mossie Brett Green (I think it was him) did in 1/48, the one that flew through the fireball and had a large amount of the covering burnt away.

thanks

I do believe it was Roy Sutherland who built that one. He authored the Osprey book on the Mosquito, IIRC.

I just hate modellers who come here and say "look at what I've done with this plastic, I've made it look like wood" when we KNOW it's REAL WOOD!!!!!

Joking apart, this is seriously good work. It's up there with the guy who did that paper "wood laminated" propeller. Once again, the modelling bar gets raised, we've all got to work harder to catch up!

Fantastic modelling!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

thank you and yes learning somthing new evry build

Wow, excellent work here, Mark.

thank you but still not perfect

Damn Mark! That's some excellent replication of "wood". Geesh!

thank you

Mark,

This is really inspiring!  I've been afraid of using 'wood' decals.   Now, I know I can try to do it another way.

Gaz

thank you and yes its difrent then decals

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Mark

Awesome, simply awesome, as I never would have ever thought about going about the build as you. Beautiful work.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Very clever work there Mark! Like Peter said, sounds like you need to do a Wingnuts kit next.

What sort of finished effect are you after? I love the concept of what you are doing and it will make a great display so people can see how much wood was used in these birds. Will you have partial markings?

Either way keep up the great work!

Cheers

Anthony