Trumpeter 1/32 A-6E Intruder VA-35 AA-501

Emilio

The lower one is exactly what I plan on doing, only with the low-drag Mark 82s

Emil

The ones in the pic are actually Mk-36 Destructors, Mk-82s configured as mines, note the markings on the bombs, the white band around the body and the white stripes near the tail. The Destructor had an influence fuze added so it could be used as a mine.

Jari

The ones in the pic are actually Mk-36 Destructors, Mk-82s configured as mines, note the markings on the bombs, the white band around the body and the white stripes near the tail. The Destructor had an influence fuze added so it could be used as a mine.

Jari

Ok, always good to have an expert  ;)

I continued working on the front office and the seats, and started with the air intakes aswell, which fit rather good. Making them smooth and seamless won`t be too hard.

DSC01633_zpskbdlnaih.jpg

DSC01640_zpsjhhigvm3.jpg

Emil

Engine bay doors are ALWAYS open before take off on Intruders and Prowlers.

Great project by the way - if you want some correct front wheels, check out my Shapeways shop. They are a a good addition to AMS's excellent main wheels. ;) 

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=57040&page=14&do=findComment&comment=796181

Engine bay doors are ALWAYS open before take off on Intruders and Prowlers.

Great project by the way - if you want some correct front wheels, check out my Shapeways shop. They are a a good addition to AMS's excellent main wheels. ;)

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=57040&page=14&do=findComment&comment=796181

Wow, you got one stunning build going on there!

I just read yesterday that they had the engine bay doors open prior take off, to make final checks. 

What exactly is wrong wth the AMS front wheels?

Emil

Thanks you Marcel and Peter  :)

Thanks Emil! The AMS front wheels are a (slightly modified) copy of the kit wheels so they have the same shape and dimension issues (simplified wheel hub & nut detail, wheel rim slightly too small in diameter). 

I will take a look at the corrected front wheels.

Emil

I managed to make some progress, I nearly finished the cockpit:

DSC01642_zpssmzfmvp4.jpg

DSC01648_zpsl4tkazvg.jpg

The HUD lense was made out of iridescent foil, which gives it that cool holographic effect.

DSC01650_zps31aoyauv.jpg

I also started working on the engines, they are painted up and close to completion. Please ignore the imperfections on both ends, because I will open the central engine panel, only the middle part will be visible later on.

DSC01653_zpsjsdprcvp.jpg

Emil

Edited by Emilio