1:32 Intruder Decals

Dondy

Finishing up on my second Intruder I wanted to show off the decals printed up by petrov27. The decals layed down better than those from the kit and must say look very nice on the jet ready to be sealed! I'm very sure the decals he has done can help out those who are waiting for something to go with this kit! If you have the Detail & Scale book, this A-6A is from pg 34. I'll let him jump in here, but he has done a corrected VA-35 panther decal that will be used for my next build. Hope you enjoy.

005-6.jpg

( sorry, Patrick's sheet had both colored and cleared spades, since I painted the orange on, I needed to make sure the round was the right side!)

007-6.jpg

After cutting each out a piece of tape will keep things lined up.

008-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

After finishing up with whats in the box sheet, this big fat pig should look like the idea Patrick and I thought it would look like! I'm very happy builder today, and time to seal things up. Complete build will be posted soon with the first one waiting for seats to be painted and installed.

Paul

I would love to get a set of those! I looked at Caracal Models website, and if they scale up their 1/48 A-6 decals... the options aren't all that interesting or colorful. I find these much more appealing!

- Daniel S.

Westminster, CO

Sometimes you have to think outside the box! If its not out there, do it yourself, or with a little help from a friend! The pay off is worth it and your left with a one off or what you planned! It's a great feeling when you challenge yourself. It pays off in skill.

Paul

Finishing up on my second Intruder I wanted to show off the decals printed up by petrov27. The decals layed down better than those from the kit and must say look very nice on the jet ready to be sealed! I'm very sure the decals he has done can help out those who are waiting for something to go with this kit! If you have the Detail & Scale book, this A-6A is from pg 34. I'll let him jump in here, but he has done a corrected VA-35 panther decal that will be used for my next build. Hope you enjoy.

005-6.jpg

( sorry, Patrick's sheet had both colored and cleared spades, since I painted the orange on, I needed to make sure the round was the right side!)

007-6.jpg

After cutting each out a piece of tape will keep things lined up.

008-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

After finishing up with whats in the box sheet, this big fat pig should look like the idea Patrick and I thought it would look like! I'm very happy builder today, and time to seal things up. Complete build will be posted soon with the first one waiting for seats to be painted and installed.

Paul

Wow; Intruder pron indeed :coolio: !

Looking fantastic, dude :thumbsup: ! I'm really enjoying this thread :) .

Paul, that second one looks as good as the first Intruder.  Would be great if people would release some more markings for it.

I'm hoping someone will eventually release some of the Coral Sea Intruders, namely the Blue Tailed one. That would be fun to build.

Matt  :frantic:

Thats looking great Paul - glad to see the decals are working out.

I am getting quotes to do these decals by a professional printer but it is costly and I am hesitant since I have no idea what the decal aftermarket has planned...

photo_zps644cb33c.jpg

Well, Zotz decided to avoid the topic. I know it as I had to do the research work! Caracal announced a 1/32 version of their 1/48 set. Look at it and you'll see that such squadrons are not included. Moreover, their options look far less attractive. Dave Roof also announced decals for ages but no release info or additional data ever appear. It is also clear he will put the focus on Marines. Conclusion: the market is still fully opened for a Navy set such as yours. I guess this won't be the case eternally but currently, there is an opportunity.

My 2 cents.

Rather than print them pro style costing you a fortune maybe setup a paypal account and get people to throw money at you for those printed style?

They look brilliant as is and no risk for you.

I'd grab a set from you in a minute if you where selling either way..

I will stand in a line, Black Panthers option is there, do not need anything else.

Jozef