New Hasegawa Zero

Bill_S

So, this stuff is the key difference compared to the last release?...

image_166.jpeg

...presumably with new decals for the green finish. Would be nice to see a Hasegawa Type 32, and Tamiya doing a Suisen based on its Type 21. Maybe more news at the Japanese hobby fair in three weeks(?)

Tony

So, this stuff is the key difference compared to the last release?...

image_166.jpeg

...presumably with new decals for the green finish. Would be nice to see a Hasegawa Type 32, and Tamiya doing a Suisen based on its Type 21. Maybe more news at the Japanese hobby fair in three weeks(?)

Tony

Not much to get really excited over.  To be sure, to be sure

Ha, that rendering had no Landing Gear doors - was thinking, Now that's Kamikazi!

Sure would be a low parts count for Hasegawa's efforts too...

I admit I lack knowledge in Japanese WWII.

The doors for the gear are there!! Now, if they weren't I would start to get excited!! (Rufe)!!!

Cheers

Alan

I don't know but did the A6M7 see any combat? I don't know much about it offhand but I thought it had a bigger engine than the 52 and so would be an A6M7 Model 63...six airframe changes and three engine changes since the 12 shi.  Wiki says A6M7 Model 62 but immediately beforehand they show an A6M6 Model 53c... which did have a bigger engine.  So why would they go backward with the A6M7 and put the Sakae 21 back on?  I think Wiki is wrong but what do I know?  None of my A6M references are available to me and my memory sucks so I don't regularly rely on it.

HAH! Air and Space Smithsonian says it's an A6M7 Model 63!  Now them, I believe!  Not that it agrees with my beliefs, hell no, it's the Smithsonian!  :wicked:

Another AHAH Edit!  I discovered that there are apparently two different versions of the A6M7, the 62 and the 63...   Damn, ain't learnin fun!

Edited by Juggernut

According to my trusty dusty Squadron 'in action', the A6M6 model 53c

had an experimental Sakae 31a engine with water-methanol injection which

was a "bitter disappointment" (late '44). Only one was built.

The A6M7 model 63 was the last production model which had the Sakae 31

with the finally perfected water-methanol injection system. First flew in May'45

but since the records were destroyed at the end of the war, final production

numbers were never found.

They could also carry 4 rockets just outboard of the landing gear like some A6M5s.

a6m7.jpg

A Zero with rockets !! :)

They were reported to have been seen over the frontlines by the end of May'45.

Edited by MikeMaben