B-17G-65-B0 D-Day Doll April 1945 finally ready :0)))!

ykak

Yrjo,

Simply an outstanding and flawless build, coupled with a absolutely perfect NMF, and with just the right amount of weathering for an operational aircraft from that period. Very well done.  :wow:  :yahoo:  :wow:

Just watched your video. Professional quality, and it did your build justice.  :thumbsup:

BTW, how did you make out at the Stockholm contest?

Joel

Hi Joel, not well in Stockholm but my mistake propably was the I made a base for this kit and it was not good. I just could not resist. Also as there are removeable wings, the fuselage/wing joint is not perfect. I 

Yrjo,

Simply an outstanding and flawless build, coupled with a absolutely perfect NMF, and with just the right amount of weathering for an operational aircraft from that period. Very well done.  :wow:  :yahoo:  :wow:

Just watched your video. Professional quality, and it did your build justice.  :thumbsup:

BTW, how did you make out at the Stockholm contest?

Joel

Hi Joel, not well in Stockholm but I do not mind. The three days trip with three other modelers to Stockholm was the main thing - with a lot of beer and fun :0) We call these A-Class trips ;0))  

Yrjo​,

Sorry to hear that you didn't do well in the competition. IPMS judges do have a set of judging rules they follow, and it's basics before anything. If as you said the wing roots had even a small issue, it's enough to off set all the rest of the work you did. Still, it's a fantastic model in every sense of the word.

Joel