BF2C-1 Conversion to F11C-2

williamj

Got to love that Curling. Almost like that as much as your Yellow Wings builds. From a place with no snow ever (some hail once in a while) it is almost like going to another planet. The screams and the sweeping and the geometry all fascinate my wife and me.

Tnarg

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done much lately..The Flu...got a bit done last evening..long way to go yet.

Cheers.

eyicqZ.jpg

LoyrFl.jpg

It has been a good fight. Lot of lumps and bruises.

Have another languishing and ignored that we must finish as well. Too many models never enough time.

eR0LX8.jpg

omj82S.jpg

Edited by williamj

I sure enjoying seeing anything with Yellow Wings and USN on the side. I'm headed to Pensacola tomorrow to donate my dad's files to the museum and will sure stand in front of the BFC-2 for a while.

He'd have sure loved this build, William!

Pensacola, 1938

TVmw98.png 

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

I sure enjoying seeing anything with Yellow Wings and USN on the side. I'm headed to Pensacola tomorrow to donate my dad's files to the museum and will sure stand in front of the BFC-2 for a while. [/size]

He'd have sure loved this build, William![/size]

Pensacola, 1938[/size]

TVmw98.png

Cheers from NYC,[/size]

Michael[/size]

I know You'll be thinking of him while your there....All good things eh?

Great picture.

Cheers.

Edited by williamj

Absolutely! Many of the planes he flew in service are there. But, the real jewel in the crown for me is the Grumman FF-1. Dad was in charge of the restoration of it (I helped and learned to rib stitch at age 14!) and then flew it from Grumman HQ in Bethpage, NY, down to deliver it to Pensacola, stopping at Naval air stations along the way. This was all about 1966! It will be good, if not a bit tear jerking, to see it again. I'll be sure to post some pix somewhere here on LSP.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Still plugging away...must finish this .Completely re-worked and re- built LS conversion..not for the uninitiated.

Quite a bit of clean up and detailing to do,inter plane struts and support straps should be fun.have no idea how it will all fit as so much has been changed..we'll see.

hQ7uDy.jpg
3epP9x.jpg

Well, it sure is pretty, William! I thought of you when I stood gazing at the F-11C (BFC-2) at the Naval air museum in Pensacola last week. I shot a zillion pictures and will happily share them with you. No barriers around the planes so I was able to walk right up and shoot pix in the cockpit.

As soon as I got home, I took out the BF2C I got to 90% completion in 1978. Yes, that's the right date and I plan to finally finish it. But, I definitely want an F11C, as well, and I plan to either convert another Hasegawa kit or get the LSM conversion kit. From what I'm reading here I wonder if it's worth the money?

I have the Silver Wings P6E. I wish they'd make an F-11C!

I'd be glad for any thoughts you might have.

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Painting looks great, William! Will keep my fingers crossed on the fit for you.

Michael, I think the LSM conversion set is a good start, even with the clean up, especially the fuselage parts. I would love to see some of your F-11C pics, especially the cockpit!

Well, it sure is pretty, William! I thought of you when I stood gazing at the F-11C (BFC-2) at the Naval air museum in Pensacola last week. I shot a zillion pictures and will happily share them with you. No barriers around the planes so I was able to walk right up and shoot pix in the cockpit.

As soon as I got home, I took out the BF2C I got to 90% completion in 1978. Yes, that's the right date and I plan to finally finish it. But, I definitely want an F11C, as well, and I plan to either convert another Hasegawa kit or get the LSM conversion kit. From what I'm reading here I wonder if it's worth the money?

I have the Silver Wings P6E. I wish they'd make an F-11C!

I'd be glad for any thoughts you might have.

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Thanks guys..And Michael,,if you want to do an F11C-2 in 32nd it's the only game in town..but,be prepared for some work...no detail ,just a basic outline..had some problems with the gear legs as well...The lower wings were bad,wont go into detail..so I re-worked and lengthened the kit parts.

Is it worth the money?  if you really want an F11C-2 then yes..if you don't like endless hours of filling,sanding,scratching up and adding details,and correcting then sculpting shape issues,inscribing panel lines and fasteners.Then no. 

Cheers.      

Edited by williamj

Oh, and Michael, I should have pointed out I did a review of the LSM set on the site here. Shows pics of the parts so should give you a better idea. BTW, my lower wings looked good, although I didn't try to fit them yet. Unless William found an inaccuracy(not much in the way of ref's on the F11C-2)?