BF2C-1 Conversion to F11C-2

williamj

Oh, and Michael, I should have pointed out I did a review of the LSM set on the site here. Shows pics of the parts so should give you a better idea. BTW, my lower wings looked good, although I didn't try to fit them yet. Unless William found an inaccuracy(not much in the way of ref's on the F11C-2)?

Mine had sections of resin missing(strip indentations the length of the lower wing,destroyed the ribbing) and warped.The right fuselage half was slightly longer and thicker in cross section than the left (much distress)..so my guess is the molds are getting tired.    But...we carry on in spite of the adversity of the kit, because that's modeling.

That's too bad. I think I ordered it when it was pretty new, so I might have got an early casting. Hopefully, he has made new molds since then.

There was quite a bit of bubbles, though, but that is pretty easy to deal with. You are definitely doing a great job with what you got.

William and Ray....Yikes! This is sobering enough to make my morning coffee go cold. What you're describing is exactly why I left model building for 25 years and it is the luxury of building kits from Wingnuts that has brought the passion back. I wouldn't mind the effort of a major conversion but it would put me off, greatly, to do this sort of work on parts I'd paid for. But, as I stated above, standing by that GORGEOUS airplane last week has me fired up to jump in at some point. I hasten to add, that plane, and many others....the F3F, the F7C and the F4B-4. (The museum at Pensacola is an amazing collection of aircraft and is a candy store for anyone interested in the subject. And, being on the beautiful beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, is a real destination for vacation.)

As for references on the F11C, because we were donating my dad's reference collection, I made a good connection with the folks at the museum. Let me ask them. Also, just for grins, I pulled out my Silver Wings P6E just to compare shapes and sizes. The wings are very close to the Bf2C. As for the fuselage compared to an F11C, it's hard to tell. It's possible that using parts from the Silver Wings kit and the Hasegawa Bf2C, and a good bit of work, one could build a pretty impressive F11C.

Keep at it William, it's going to be beautiful!

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Thanks gentlemen ..really do appreciate all the comments. Have a thing for BTW aircraft at the moment,innovative and colorful.

After the F11 and Seahawk are finished we'll take on Revell's new P-51 done in RCAF markings..do have a Tam.Stang left but I like the non riveted surfaces of the Revell.

Well I think we bit off a little more than was chew-able..but have enjoyed myself a lot with this conversion.(love a challenge).

Just finished scratching up a new windscreen,adding cables and supports to the tail assembly,got my scratched fuel tank in place

will clean the windscreen with a micro q tip and add the telescope sight then the fun begins. wish me luck.

X9q35k.jpg

17q4Js.jpg

eVfFGT.png

SE7dea.jpg

2cmv1U.jpg

Edited by williamj