HK Lancaster, turret images

Lancman

I just want a Lancaster in 1/32. 

I am very happy with my HK B25J build, and so excited about the Lanc I could pee on the floor.......

Just sayin, just waiting.....

Geez, Ron... don't let the wife catch you doing that, she is liable to swat you across the nose with a rolled up news paper and put you outside on the chain ! :P

I hope they get the front and mid upper right, as the front just didn't look right in the first copy and the mid upper looked too tall and bulbous. As for the rear I hope we get the turret options with some or all the perspex removed as per war time Lancs and I think also in the new Airfix 72nd offerings. But oh happy days that we can talk about what we want/like :m0152:

Graham

I hope they get the front and mid upper right, as the front just didn't look right in the first copy and the mid upper looked too tall and bulbous. As for the rear I hope we get the turret options with some or all the perspex removed as per war time Lancs and I think also in the new Airfix 72nd offerings. But oh happy days that we can talk about what we want/like :m0152:

Graham

I agree that we're getting closer and dreams are about to be fulfilled :D

As far as accuracy concerns go ... I'm pretty sure that the main reason for the extensive delays is that Neil did plenty of back and forth consulting with some Lanc experts after the first mock up was done ... from various thread conversations, I've gathered that the nacelles have taken a few goes to get right.

Rog :)

I've gathered that the nacelles have taken a few goes to get right.

Rog :)

This has been one of the main points of design contention and a massive factor in the delays. The cowls are currently undergoing a rework. 

Edited by JamesHatch

:)... Imagine moving all the furniture in your house out to storage, then tearing out all the interior walls, ceilings, floors, cabinets, fixtures, etc, then replacing all of that, painting and finishing it, getting all the plumbing and electrical to work right, then moving the furniture back in.  Can you imagine picking an exact date..?

So, five years then?!

Just kidding. Glad all's on track.

Tony

Ahhhh well just stick some radials on and go for a MkII instead :innocent:  :whistle:

Graham :rofl:

Seen the super 1/48th Lanc job Graham but I'd want to attach four 1/32 Hercules to a Halifax. Or two pairs to Beaufighters.

Perversely, I'm contemplating a Lancastrian.

Tony

I too will be glad when it becomes available but I'm wondering about how much it will cost, based upon the amount of detail in the airframe. Compared to the B-17 it is pretty simple. Not a lot going on between the back of the rear spar and the tail light apart from 2 turrets, an Elsan and ammunition tracks for the rear turret, maybe H2S gear, but nothing like as complicated as the B-17. The the bomb bay is pretty simple compared to the B-17so that leaves the forward compartment where all the detail action happens. After that the undercarriage bays with presumable detail into the wing beyond the ribs and things like the oil tanks above the gear legs. Turning to the nacelles, the Mossie nacelles are pretty simple so I would expect something similar and its not as though they ned to give you an engine inside each one, unlike the B-17, where you have no choice. So price? I would expect it to be cheaper than the B-17, if it was available now. Bet it isn't though!!