Italeri 1/32 F-35 breaks cover

Scotsman

The kit is out!!!! 105 Euro :mental:

That's £90.69 in Sterling, or £99.99 at the Hannants exchange rate (though in fairness you can preorder the kit for £89.99)

The masks justify the inflation so I hope the tandem seat Starfighter, without them, mirrors the price of the previous editions.

The F-35 looks like a great kit and is something very different, making a nice change.

Tony

F-35A and B at the RIAT 2016. The B put on a very impressive display.

file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4011.JPG
file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4012.JPG
file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4014.JPG
file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4016.JPG

file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4011.JPG
file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4012.JPG
file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4014.JPG
file://localhost/Users/roberttaylor/Documents%20Folder/ROBERT/Forum%20images/F-35/IMG_4016.JPG

Welcome aboard, Robert!

:post1:

Unfortunately the images you've linked to reside on your computer, and consequently can't be made visible over the Internet. You'll have to upload them to a photo or file hosting service, and then link them in to your post as image links. We have a tutorial on using Photobucket, which you might find useful:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=46600

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My kit turned up at 6pm yesterday. Dirty great big box, nice artwork on the lid.

Then I spent the evening doing some test fits and look-see and guess what? It ain't half bad. There's a rudimentary engine which could be detailed with a bit of work but you're never going to see it anyway. A lot of detail isn't that crisp but I think careful masking and painting, or a lot of aftermarket etch and resin, will take care of that.

The saw tooth panel outlines are raised, maybe a little too much and the wing to fuselage joint is going to need filler. Yes, they haven't gone the route of integral wings and fuselage like the Hobby Boss 1/48 Sukhoi kits, the box would have seen huge!

Lots of underwing pylons and ordnance.

The kit will get some flak as not being detailed enough but it looks like a F-35 from most angles. On this basis I'm looking forward to a STOVL F-35B but as far as I can see that would be a complete retool by Italeri.

Now I'm trying to match up paint colours, everything is called out by Italeri's own Acrylics. I prefer to use Mr Color (nasty but nice) or MRP. Having trouble matching Light Ghost Grey. Maybe use Dark grey with a ton of white thrown in? I know I'll be using both AK Xtreme Metal and Vallejo's new Acrylic Metallic paints on the engine, both superb to airbrush.

Not working at the moment so I've spent a few hours watching YouTube clips of the F-35 (actually LOTS of hours, there's loads) and the kit looks good by comparison. So I'm giving it a thumbs up. But then again, what do I know?

And a word of caution, it's going to need a pretty big base.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

:oops: Okay, let's try again.

Excellent shots. Oh, and I really like your avatar; I've been a fan of the Whirlwind for a very long time.